KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very pretty looking thing I've stumbled across, however I don't know much about them. Whats cool is they don't seem to build systems for specific bikes, they build one system with multiple outlet diameters:

38.1 mm
44.5 mm
50.8 mm
63.5 mm

will any of those fit the Duke?

Supertrapp Exhaust 4"

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't really get how exhaust changes the performance of the bike at all. I get that the weight of the exhaust could make a bit of a difference but other than that I don't really get how it would affect performance.

I mainly judge an exhaust based on its exhaust note. Maybe that is naive of me.

·
Registered
520 Posts
better flow usually would mean better performance

to an extent

the engine tuning has to recognize this extra flow and take advantage of it by adjusting timing and a/f ratio to compensate or pump more fuel and air into the chambers.

·
Registered
264 Posts
better flow usually would mean better performance

to an extent

the engine tuning has to recognize this extra flow and take advantage of it by adjusting timing and a/f ratio to compensate or pump more fuel and air into the chambers.
and a good exhaust using SWR calculations to provide a negative pulse at the exhaust header when the exhaust valve is open (i.e. tuned length). The original D390 is a tuned length but I'm not sure many of the after market ones are (the fast can Dan and I have is definitely not).

·
Registered
520 Posts
so all in all

not every exhaust is the same

and slapping on an expensive exhausts without a tune doesnt always get you the best results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts