KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from Quebec and i am doing some intense research before throwing down 6800$ on the Duke 390. This will be my first Motorcycle and just wanna make sure that i am spending my money wisely, I seen on this forum lots of different issues. I dont see them as big issues but enough to think twice about buying this beut. also the faq that it is made in india a lot of concerns about that from people. so let me know how the canadian experience is going so far.

Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
First, i believe there is no "canadian model". That being said, you can spect two things: a problem free bike (like some of us) or a problematic bike (like some others).

It's a matter of luck nowadays with the Duke 390, but if you don't see them as big issues then go.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I believe the North American bikes get QA thru Austria which seems to eliminate many issues BUT make sure you verify that all fluid levels are GTG and ask for a copy of the PDI checklist from the dealer before taking possession of the bike. We've been hearing some dealer PDI issues lately.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Most of all, when it comes to what you can "spect" from the bike, I'd not take what "some of our" South-American members are saying at face value. In some people's minds, little problems get blown out of proportion.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's a trend on forums that you'll usually only hear from people with complaints, not from the vast majority who are more than happy.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
When you buy take the time to check ALL fluid levels, chain slack and look everything else over BEFORE leaving the dealership.

Pete

·
Registered
222 Posts
When you buy take the time to check ALL fluid levels, chain slack and look everything else over BEFORE leaving the dealership.

Pete
I agree 100%, but that's hard to do when you don't know the model well or when it's your first bike, and plus, when you think you are receiving the bike from professional mechanics you trust the bike it's ready to ride.

My dealer has a protocol for delivery, they test every bike in all the possible ways but they have a lot of experience so that's normal. In fact, i waited some minutes when receive the Duke because i got there early, she was running in the garages being tested and i listened her first breath. 0:)

Well i'm lucky to have the same mechanics that have worked with Carlo de Gavardo and Chaleco López.

;)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I know all too well getting caught up in the heat of the moment, hard not to.

At least check fluids if nothing else.

Pete

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
And, based on recent experience, make sure the brake rotors are thoroughly cleaned before leaving the dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts