KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon to all!

Not new to the forum but newly registered. Been nosing around for the last 3-4 weeks amking sure i absorb all the neccesary info required to get the most out of my KTM.

I have had a very hard time getting my hands on one of these and i believe i have about 2 days left before i have the miracle phone call " Please come and collect your bike".

Ktm has manage to loose my bike inbetween Austria and London but after many phone calls have tracked it down and its in some holding area in the UK.

I have test driven both the 390 and the 690 and funny enough decided to stick top the 390. Decision was made due to insurance quotes which was mind blowing for the 690.

I was born in sunny South Africa but have been living in the UK for the last ten years. I have had many bikes in my life time which mostly was off roaders. My first bike in the UK was a Cagiva Mito 125 and then i bought a Suzuki DR350 which i spent 2 years on rebuilding and making new which after riding for a year was stolen from outside my house.

Now i am waiting for my new toy. I have added on A Akra pipe and the KTM alarm. I will be doing some minor tweaks once the engine is run in and ready to party!

Sorry fopr the long intro but i get carried away some times.

Adios!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Afternoon to all!

Not new to the forum but newly registered. Been nosing around for the last 3-4 weeks amking sure i absorb all the neccesary info required to get the most out of my KTM.

I have had a very hard time getting my hands on one of these and i believe i have about 2 days left before i have the miracle phone call " Please come and collect your bike".

Ktm has manage to loose my bike inbetween Austria and London but after many phone calls have tracked it down and its in some holding area in the UK.

I have test driven both the 390 and the 690 and funny enough decided to stick top the 390. Decision was made due to insurance quotes which was mind blowing for the 690.

I was born in sunny South Africa but have been living in the UK for the last ten years. I have had many bikes in my life time which mostly was off roaders. My first bike in the UK was a Cagiva Mito 125 and then i bought a Suzuki DR350 which i spent 2 years on rebuilding and making new which after riding for a year was stolen from outside my house.

Now i am waiting for my new toy. I have added on A Akra pipe and the KTM alarm. I will be doing some minor tweaks once the engine is run in and ready to party!

Sorry fopr the long intro but i get carried away some times.

Adios!
Welcome aboard duke-R. And it's real sad to know the DR350 being swiped. Hope to see some photos.

Cheers!
VJ :cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the wram welcome guys.

So, the phone call has arrived! I have an appointment with heaven at 13:00 tomorrow afternoon. Will post some pics, i have ordered the tail tidy and busy looking into more mods.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Hopefully you do get that call soon. I know how annoying it can be to just wait around when your bike is still in transit.

Have you planned on buying any accessories or making any mods to your Duke once it comes in?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys!!!????
So, I've done about 90miles between yesterday and today. What an awesome bike!

The back side is taking a bit of a beating but I know from previous experience you get used to it after a week or so.

People have been complaining about the heat from the 390. They need to go and drive a air cooled suzuki dr350 through London traffic on a summer day, then they will see what's hot! The heat is normal and I believe it will get better once the engine is run in.

Done about 40miles with the girlfriend on the back and so far no complaints. Only got 90 miles out of the first tank of fuel but once again that will get better once it's run in.

550 miles to my first service and should be around £300.

Will keep you guys updated!

Adios

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good morning gents.

So i thought i would keep you guys updated on what the experiences are so far with the 390. 've now put 590 miles on the clock and it has gone for the first service on Friday morning. All was good and the did not need to adjust the valve clearance so the cost of the service was £273. So not too bad.

The mods i have done so far is the Akra pipe with a DNA air filter. Evotech crash bobbins and R&G cotton reels. I am plannin on doing the quick action throttle and the tail tidy. Maybe the ergo seat but my backside is not used to the ride so i dont see th epoint anymore. I will the be upgrading the rear shock to a Niton NTR race( Which the girlfriend wants to buy for me as a christmas gift).

Some photos to follow!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I must be completely stupid as i am trying to upload the picture but it does not want to upload thubnails? I use photobucket and press on share then use the IMG thumb link and copy that inot the "insert image" link. What am i doing wrong guys?? HELP!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts