KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience of the arrow dark thunder exhaust system? It's the same exhaust as the arrow street thunder but black. I can get this exhaust delivered to my door for a fraction of the cost of the akrapovic and I know from past experience that arrow exhausts are excellent quality.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
817 Posts
Snoppy runs the Arrow Street Thunder and he's never reported any problems. Good quality, nice sound. I put Arrow and Leo Vince in the same class as Akra, they care about their name and reputation for performance so its a safe buy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I've decided to go with the arrow. I can't justify over twice the price for the akra when the arrow is such a smart looking pipe anyway. Arrow are also big player in the exhaust market so it must be a good pipe.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I think I've decided to go with the arrow. I can't justify over twice the price for the akra when the arrow is such a smart looking pipe anyway. Arrow are also big player in the exhaust market so it must be a good pipe.
Good choice, Arrow exhaust is still a great option, as long as you're happy with it thats what matters.

·
Registered
519 Posts
they all work

akras have a prestige/markup to them no doubt

·
Registered
200 Posts
Arrow exhausts has been around for close to 30 years and the headquaters in Italy. Not sure if all the systems are still manufactured there though. But still i don't thin the quality is questionable. I feel as if the brand itself is much more appreciated with the triumph crowd.

Honestly, I feel the same. It still looks good and sounds good. You get whatever you can afford right.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm really interested in buying this exhaust. There is a seller on ebay shipping it out from Italy and it only costs like less than 1/3 the price of an akra. Sellers here in the Philippines sell the akra for about 850 USD. The arrow only costs 260 USD

So if it arrives here in my country it should roughly be less than 1/2 the price of an akra.(taxes+shipping etc.).

I've heard the sound of the akra and it's really good. But I've also seen the videos of the sound of the arrow thunder which for me sounds equally good. But the difference in price between the arrow and the akra could easily buy a PowerTRONIC ECU and you can still have enough change to buy a K&N exhaust.

So you can choose between an Akra, or the lower priced Arrow exhaust + ECU + filter.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'm really interested in buying this exhaust. There is a seller on ebay shipping it out from Italy and it only costs like less than 1/3 the price of an akra. Sellers here in the Philippines sell the akra for about 850 USD. The arrow only costs 260 USD

So if it arrives here in my country it should roughly be less than 1/2 the price of an akra.(taxes+shipping etc.).

I've heard the sound of the akra and it's really good. But I've also seen the videos of the sound of the arrow thunder which for me sounds equally good. But the difference in price between the arrow and the akra could easily buy a PowerTRONIC ECU and you can still have enough change to buy a K&N exhaust.

So you can choose between an Akra, or the lower priced Arrow exhaust + ECU + filter.
putting it that way really helps to see how you can stretch your dollar to make it gain you the most

1 - 20 of 28 Posts