KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

As the RC Gets Closer...

10K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  sandy mary 
#1 ·
... Details begin to make themselves available and speculation ramps up.

So far we definitely know that the RC390 is going to see different ergonomics from its parts donor the Duke, as well as a new tuning map. Initial speculation has the RC390 making 43 hp, which is identical to the Duke, the difference should be in the delivery.

Its also likely that the RC390 will make use of a stiffer suspension set up than the Duke 390. Now I don't know if that will mean simply the same components reconfigured or if we could see wholesale replacement of the important bits?

KTM CEO Stefan Pierer had this to say at Auto Expo:

“We are a fast-growing company, not only with our products, but also with the joint products of Bajaj Auto out of India. We had a record year in 2013. We expect to carry forward the momentum with our full-faired RC motorcycles this year as well. The Indian market is so big; it is expected to be the biggest market in the next couple of years as we are eyeing sales of 50,000 units.”
As for details, new spy shots give us our first look at the RC's dual projector headlamps as well as its fang like DRL's...

cabin fever is becoming a real threat at this point... ;)

See less See more
#5 ·
Well the headlamps in these pictures look pretty cool. I would have liked to see both sets of headlights on at the same time in one of the pictures.

The camo on the bike in these spy shots reminds me of one of the other threads that is talking about a camo wrap on the Duke 390. I think a snow camo or white camo would basically look like the camo in these spy shots.

#8 ·
After riding the Duke Ive become uninterested in owning an RC now. The Duke is brilliant and does what its supposed to, give hella big grins :D but I dont think you will get the same buzz from the RC. Ive removed my name from the list and keeping the focus on my mid class decision.

#10 ·
D390 is soft from front to rear ... after 5000km and 4 months of owning and 3rd service.
Been trying to match a harder spring for the front and a fully adjustable rear shock ...

just that i just meet with an accident on the 8th and the bike suffer some frontal damage and i broke all my right knee ligament ... so ... im resting at home bikeless and very very moody ... i got 28days sick leave ....without bike and walk with crutches ... darn ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.