KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first time posting on here and have not actually got my duke yet. I went and test rode one today and loved it, everything I hoped it would be. However the dealer quoted me 8200aud on the rode. I know the dollars a bit weak at the moment but thats surely a huge mark up. Has anyone else bought a 2014 d390 in NSW? How much did you pay.
Cheers Andy

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hi Andy
Thats sounds about right, the initial price was around $7600 to $7800 but that was an introductory price. Welcome to the forum and have fun with the decision, even at $8 the bike is still worth it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi everyone, first time posting on here and have not actually got my duke yet. I went and test rode one today and loved it, everything I hoped it would be. However the dealer quoted me 8200aud on the rode. I know the dollars a bit weak at the moment but thats surely a huge mark up. Has anyone else bought a 2014 d390 in NSW? How much did you pay.
Cheers Andy
Remember every state has slight different on the road costs. See if you can get some freebies thrown in (helmet, service, gloves, accessories voucher) to soften the blow.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Australia has so much higher prices than other places. I hear you guys have generally higher wages too though. How much do you think you are willing to spend on the Duke?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys, yeah prices are higher here but wages are much better also, im from the Uk so still getting used to the difference. I agree the 390 is worth 8k I found another dealer that will do 8k so 200 cheaper than the other, may make a few more calls see if I can get it down a little more. I am ahppynto pay 8k for it, (the wife not so much) :) but I still have a naging in my head saying I should get a low km kawasaki 650 ninja or even a ducati monster 400 or 620 both go for around 8k Any thoughts? I do love the duke though.
Andy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine was 7700 on road back in September, i think the $500 intro reduction is over now so 8200 sounds about right

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmm, almost everything in Australia is price gouged compared to US/UK. Don't feel too bad though... I recently moved from Perth, WA to Norway and I never thought i'd say it but I miss the low prices of Oz compared to here.

Bought my 390 a couple of weeks ago for 70000 NOK, which is about 7000 GBP or 12500 AUD, and that was working the dealer pretty hard for a discount. He did throw in the first service free though :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you think the price gouging is bad in Oz try Singapore. I paid AU$12800 for mine - the problem in part is the taxes (COE/GST/PARF) but I suspect the dealer loads the prices up as well. I'm curious what the price is in Malaysia?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got them down to $7300 ride away here in SA, and as far as I am aware, our rego and stamp duty is pricier than most other states

·
Registered
15 Posts
the main problem i found, was that most of the dealers didnt really need to negotiate on price much, due to supply and demand, as they were having real issues getting enough of the bikes in

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sorry to say but I only paid $6850 for my bike in QLD, WIN for me....... ;-)

and we have the highest rego too
Daaaaaamn. When and where was this?
I contacted the 3 dealers around me (Brisbane) and got quoted $7990, $8168 (no jokes...) and $8500.
Bit bummed as the bike has an RRP of $6495 in Australia...

·
Registered
817 Posts
$6495?? Ive never heard of that price except for the 125, never seen one in Aus. Take the $7990 thats the cheapest Ive heard of.
Welcome to the forum ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
$6495 is the RRP announced by KTM for Australia at launch(down from the previously announced $6995) .
Doesn't include stamp duties, taxes, rego, "dealer fees" or anything of the sort. Do all of those total $1500-2000? Doubt it. $500-1000 would be my guess.

Also, the 125 is $3995 on the road right now!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts