KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baja is facing slowing sales in India, so it is looking to export markets to help tem out. Bajaj is going to export KTM Duke 200 and 390 bikes to China, which has a great motorcycle market.

First Baja will release the Duke 390 followed by the Duke 200. Initially Bajaj will export 9,000 bikes a month to China. In just a year, Bajaj plans to increase this number by 10 fold!

So all this is great news for people in China, and should do well for KTM/Bajaj's profits.

Bajaj Auto to export made-in-India KTM Duke 200 and 390 to China - Indian Cars Bikes

·
Registered
573 Posts
1 thing come to my MIND ... though shall see ALOT of IMITATION POWERPARTS all over ebay and taobao ...etc....etc....etc .....

not that im prejudice ... but this is a fact ... u guys can continue to comment below ...:p:p:p

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see why the Chinese would not like Indian made bikes. Is there something I don't know that would make the Chinese not like Indian made bikes?

KTM isn't even Indian owned in the end, it is Austrian. I don't think that the CHinese have anything against Austria.

·
Registered
264 Posts
There's a heck of a lot of Chinese bike companies in China... I don't really see this as a long term export market for any foreign company.

·
Registered
179 Posts
There must be some of the elite Chinese that have the money and want to spend the money on a foreign bike. It gives them exclusivity and for many rich Chinese people I feel that the more money that the product costs, the more they want to buy it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think what this really is, is a precursor to Bajaj setting up shop in the chinese market for the chinese market perhaps. Well maybe not even for just the chinese market. But if they can establish a foothold in China and establish a firm manufacturing base I'm betting we stop seeing global KTM's coming out of India and instead they all start coming out of China.

Suzuki is already trying this with the world marke, selling their chinese made GW250 into the world market...

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Not wanting to start a controversy but I did read that there are quite a few imitations floating around in China already- inluding the KTM and BMW. So not sure how good the Bajaj move is..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not wanting to start a controversy but I did read that there are quite a few imitations floating around in China already- inluding the KTM and BMW. So not sure how good the Bajaj move is..
I hear you. I lived 3 years in China and if there's a country that's good at taking money from naive foreign investors/individuals and ummm "owners of the IP" it's the "middle kingdom".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts