KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
The only way that this could have happened is loose bolt or balancer bearing faillure, so that the axle became very loose. I guess the dealer haven't explained well what happened or you didn't understand what your dealer explained.

Its not much of a big deal if you got your Ktm fixed on warranty and you didn't pay the repairs.

But if you paid the repairs you should ask your dealer to show you the old balancer shaft in order to explain to you exactly what caused the problem. Your dealer is also obliged to report the event to the company so that they consider a possible recall.

Στάλθηκε από το ASUS_X00HD μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
KTM 390 Duke
3 Posts
23000 km. Yep, I've just emptied out the oil and is like a creamy coffee. And there is oil in the radiator. 😖Dam you KTM for this silly design. I will put up picture when I get them sorted. Looks like a full engine dismantle.😭

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Why a full engine dismantle? Two oil seals on the shaft driving the water pump impeller!
And obviously flushing the coolant system.

23000 km. Yep, I've just emptied out the oil and is like a creamy coffee. And there is oil in the radiator. 😖Dam you KTM for this silly design. I will put up picture when I get them sorted. Looks like a full engine dismantle.😭

·
Registered
KTM 390 Duke
3 Posts
Why a full engine dismantle? Two oil seals on the shaft driving the water pump impeller!
And obviously flushing the coolant system.
I'm assuming I have to go inside to replace the 2 seals and the Oring? Yet to find out how. Can I do from the outside?

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Narli1, do a search (top centre of this forum page) and you will find several posts on the matter.
Order a water pump repair kit with all you need in it.
Good luck.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts