KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

Battlax s22 140, freaking sweet

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  shush319 
#1 ·
Can i just say, holy sh!t what an upgrade! I trashed the stock m5 after 2,000 miles. I went through a tire search process, and spoke to a guy who was very knoledgable(well, more than me). We ended up video chatting and i showed him my tire. He made some valid and scientific points, like how fat i am and how much i beat the rear tire flogging down very tight twisties without a highway warmup. He recommended a rain tire, and i found exactly 1 store selling the battlax s22 in the just released 140. Ive done more scrubbing in the s22 than ive done in 2 thousand miles on the m5. I thought i was sliding on the m5 at lean, but he thinks it was chatter. Hard acceleration at lean in relatively low speeds, like 40 to 50, and me being a solid(ish) 210lbs, the tire just couldnt take it.
Mounted and balanced myself. Zip tie method ftw. Getting the old one off sucked with a capital D. But i was in shock when the new one just popped right on.
Ive done dynojet, grips, seat, exhaust, but nothing compares to the difference i got with the tire, and i havent even pushed it yet.
I lurked here for a while, but had to swing by and say thanks. The info given on the 140 tire upgrade was the best info i think ive gotten about the bike. Huge thanks for those who participate and brainstorm.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.