KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bazzaz arrived today

Bought by MNNTHBX, whom I thank for the fast email support and patience to answer all my questions, thanks Kevin and Greg!

As promised, I received the latest version, labeled as Duke 390 2015-16

The quality seems to top

At first glance seem short cables in the sense that I may have hardships in the assembly, for example where you place the PoweTronic would seem better, but it is early to say.

A doubt is looking at the mini USB port, there is a cap, we must keep it for the water resistance? Who knows ... The manual does not describe anything about it.

Unboxing ended, for now very good impression.

Stay tuned!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Reno, Thanks for sharing this. It will be interesting for the Duke community to follow your installation of the Bazzaz. Please document step-by-step, and with photos. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same here - I/m considering the kit from the kit offered by MNNTHBX
am curious if others have tried the Power Commander vs Bazaaz and why?

I/d be very interested in opinions on this

·
Registered
25 Posts
Update - purchased the "stage 1" kit from Kevin and Greg Pipe, Bazzaz, K and N fitler and airfilter holder - Everything arrived promptly - the installation will commence on Friday - anxious to see how it all goes - Fortunately I have a pal who is very organized, excellent tech and meticulous and most of all loves doing this stuff. He's more excited than I am. I'd like to note the incredible before and AFTER the sale service in all ways I received from MNNTHBX - I/m sure I'll be calling them and asking for more help and suggestions along the way - Steve
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
25 Posts
MIVV install in and K and N in Bazzaz next week just ran out of time. The installation of the MIVV takes time but its not that challenging. Once you get the big ugly black tank out its easy.

I would add that the pipe has a bold sound to it - with the DB Killers out it was too noisy for me.
The fit and finish of the MIVV pipe is excellent. Gorgeous pipe
Update - purchased the "stage 1" kit from Kevin and Greg Pipe, Bazzaz, K and N filter and air filter holder - Everything arrived promptly - the installation will commence on Friday - anxious to see how it all goes - Fortunately I have a pal who is very organized, excellent tech and meticulous and most of all loves doing this stuff. He's more excited than I am. I'd like to note the incredible before and AFTER the sale service in all ways I received from MNNTHBX - I/m sure I'll be calling them and asking for more help and suggestions along the way - Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, let's check everthings again, all is ok.
The bazzaz is mounted, the bike is ready to rumble with stock map or with the map i've got from MNNTHBX guys.
Switch injection on, push start button!

The engine won't start.

Little throttle, and it start but when i release the throttle it switch off..

I decide to connect the notebook with Bazzaz mapper softwar for check what's the problem.

Diagnostic tool show RMPs are ok but not throttle position, switch off, disconnect, connect, swith on, check again all plugs... nothing, the TPS not want work.

After two tries now diagnostic tool show SENSOR ERROR.

On Mapper's main window i see the RPMs working and the indicator moving in the table horizontally (RPM) but not vertically (TPS).

The problem is the bike dont stay on w/o keep a 10% throttle myself and if i decide to connect the auto tune module (Z-AFM), the air fuel mapper, if it dont receive the TPS it can't learn the correct data.

I'm stuck here, i need support, after this i write to MNNTHBX and Bazzaz for help.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok, let's check everthings again, all is ok.
The bazzaz is mounted, the bike is ready to rumble with stock map or with the map i've got from MNNTHBX guys.
Switch injection on, push start button!

The engine won't start.

Little throttle, and it start but when i release the throttle it switch off..

I decide to connect the notebook with Bazzaz mapper softwar for check what's the problem.

Diagnostic tool show RMPs are ok but not throttle position, switch off, disconnect, connect, swith on, check again all plugs... nothing, the TPS not want work.

After two tries now diagnostic tool show SENSOR ERROR.

On Mapper's main window i see the RPMs working and the indicator moving in the table horizontally (RPM) but not vertically (TPS).

The problem is the bike dont stay on w/o keep a 10% throttle myself and if i decide to connect the auto tune module (Z-AFM), the air fuel mapper, if it dont receive the TPS it can't learn the correct data.

I'm stuck here, i need support, after this i write to MNNTHBX and Bazzaz for help.

Stay tuned!
Flip the TPS connector. You can actually connect it upside down. I could keep mine running by keeping the throttle open but as soon as i shut it, stalled.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think problem solved.
The connector is unflippable, can't enter flipped.

I had to recalibrate through the menu since the calibrate funcion work only at engine on.
I was there till half hour ago, not i'm at home, just forgot to check the diagnostic window if all was green but i think yes.

I've swapped the lambda O2 sensor with Bazzaz one and connected the Z-AFM module

all seems working well!

Tomorrow or probabilly in two days if no rain i'll go try it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts