KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all from Sydney Australia, collecting my Duke 390 today, 2017 model (facelift with TFT screen) the guy has added a few nice bits, DNA filter, heated handlebars (not sure why, it's warm here!), A booster plug (reads like better fuel management but not sure if it's worth keeping.

Looking forward to it after many weeks of research. I think I will get the ergo seat that seems to be a recommendation from most people, is there anything you all would suggest? Most bang for buck improvements.
I'm not a massive fan of the decals or orange and even less so the orange white half frame they done but it will do, I'd love it blacked out it Matt black.
All advice welcome, is the akrapovic worth it?
Looking forward to feedback

·
Registered
941 Posts
Welcome, New2duke,

From the Lao PDR.
Best and easy upgrade to my opinion is EBC HH Sintered brake pads.
The second and more difficult upgrade will be Andreani fork inserts.
Akropovic obviously is a great upgrade providing it is a real one rather than a piece of pipe with a copied logo on it.
Another good upgrade will be a Li-Ion battery seeing you live in warmer parts of the globe and remove the heated grips.
Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires are also a happy improvement over some rubber they put on in some countries.
Enjoy your rides = most important though ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KTMasean, I will check out the mentions. What would the LiIon battery do? been a while since I had a, are phone batteries running them now!? :)

I forgot to mention the tyres I noticed some people get bigger tyres and also bigger breaks (20mm bigger seems to be in my mind).

I will check it out, cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks I will look into it, just picked it up, omg it flies, I dont know is the booster plug is helping but the thing just wants to lift off in gear 1 & 2 I had to keep myself from getting carried away.

Thanks 1jzsupra, fires have been crazy, luckily last week we have had a solid dump of rain, yesterday there was so much smoke in the air the rain just dumped ash, crazy all the cars were black, something right out of a disaster movie. I dont live near a zone but so many of my friends do, some were cut off during xmas, no reception, just crazy.

In regards to the bike I noticed the clutch has a little wobble as in I can rotate it a touch not just squeeze if you know what I mean, this normal or might need adjusting? the front brake is set to 5 but feels a little loose than I would expect for 5, unless i have it the wrong way around and 1 is tight? The bike has oxford heated grips, really dont think I need this, is it easy to remove and what grips would you all suggest, I guess if I was going to replace the grips, wing mirror (dont like the stock) and say the brake/clutch lever, any suggestions? I saw the 1 and 2 finger ones that looked good. I am so new though I should just practice but I am also excited to do a few things.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts