KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Power Commander don’t sell a model for the Gen 2 though I’m informed you can build your own map.

What do you want to achieve with the unit? Do you want maps or auto tune. Which mods like quick shifter or launch control do you want? The answers will define which units suit you.
I don't think I will get a QS but I have found a Dyno up the road so I will go for a custom tune.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mirius and KtMasean,
Thank you for the feedback. I do understand that the tank needs to be taken off which is why it may take a little longer. It does seem strange that their “Master Techs”,as they call them, are struggling. I did find it a little odd that 100% of the blame was put on the Rapid Bike product. Thanks again for the feedback.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Can you really get that much more out of the 390 engine?
I mean, it’s already producing 43bhp with good torque throughout the range, not bad for a 373cc four stroke.
What kind of gains are people getting from this engine?
There’s a guy from the uk on Facebook who had RB Evo custom mapped on a dyno with air box lid, and decat Acra exhaust and he managed 50bhp. Sounds a little unrealistic to me but it’s a very decent increase if the dyno was accurate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Rapid Bike Easy is made in Italy and Covid slowed down and probably even stopped production. I got the last one in stock at the time a couple of months ago. It has reduced the jerkiness by about 80% and was an easy install. I didn't need adjustability as I don't plan any big mods. The other fix that I haven't tried is to go from a 45 tooth down to a 43 tooth rear sprocket. This has the advantage of lengthening out 1st and 2nd gear in addition to reportedly getting rid of the jerkiness at low speeds. There are folks who state the sprocket change didn't help and also those same problems with boxes.
I happened to go up one tooth to a 16 on the front and it seems to have made quite a difference.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts