KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys I've had my 390 for quite a while now but I still have the stock end can on as it looks and sounds OK. Much better than most bikes standard cans but now feel like a change and would love some help to pick the best slip-on can replacement. In the Powerparts catalogue there's an Akrapovic one which looks good but is expensive. So let me know what you've fitted and maybe the pro's and cons of your can please. Was it expensive or hard to fit doe it sound and look better than the stock item? Look forward to your replies

·
Registered
156 Posts
My first attempt was removal of the welded in db killer in the standard exhaust easy peasy with correct size holesaw . I thought it sounded a bit too much like a farm quad . So I bought a Tyga header and Arrows GP Gun ( ebay ) to which I then had to add Rapid Bike EVO Exclusive . With db killer out it sounds quite close to an old school CCM mxer . Very Loud . Tyga header needs older model rear pipework . I bought a standard silencer on ebay to cut up to still retain standard silencer . If you wiegh them the KTM stuff is lightest .

·
Registered
25 Posts
HI guys I've had my 390 for quite a while now but I still have the stock end can on as it looks and sounds OK. Much better than most bikes standard cans but now feel like a change and would love some help to pick the best slip-on can replacement. In the Powerparts catalogue there's an Akrapovic one which looks good but is expensive. So let me know what you've fitted and maybe the pro's and cons of your can please. Was it expensive or hard to fit doe it sound and look better than the stock item? Look forward to your replies View attachment 51442
Hello, I watched a video on youtube about cutting out the baffle on the stock exhaust with a hole saw and so I did it on my bike. I absolutely love the sound and it made a huge difference to me! And it cost me nothing! I did have to remove the exhaust to turn it upside down and get all the metal shavings out of it and get the baffle to fall out....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts