Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for the recommendation. I found it on eBay a tad cheaper and ordered one. Looks like the right size for what I'm needing. I don't want "luggage" but I also didn't want to put in a wallet and have the bag be full!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would like to have a expandable tail bag that can compress flat when it's not being used.
I think the lowest when collapsed I've seen is the KTM powerparts "triangle" one, it's rally flat but can expand to accommodate a full-face helmet.. but's not cheap...
I have an ebay copy on my bike but it doesn't expand at all...

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think the lowest when collapsed I've seen is the KTM powerparts "triangle" one, it's rally flat but can expand to accommodate a full-face helmet.. but's not cheap...
Yep...that's the one I like.

But it's priced like it's made from unicorn fiber and gold thread.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got the same bag, but have the problems with its mounting. In the first position, the bag is too close to my back :) in the second, the bag rear fastening is too weak.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I too was trying to find a copy of the KTM tail bag. I like the fact it can expand to hold a helmet. But yeah so expensive! I ended up ordering the KTM one on ebay when they had a 15 percent off coupon. Just waiting for it to arrive now. Sure hope it's worth it!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yep...that's the one I like.

But it's priced like it's made from unicorn fiber and gold thread.
and lined with baby panda fur...;)
that's why went for a knock off, half the price but no possibility to expand, so it's not exactly huge... but it works for a change of cloths for the day at the office :)

I got the same bag, but have the problems with its mounting. In the first position, the bag is too close to my back :) in the second, the bag rear fastening is too weak.
I'm only 172 cm (that would translate not very tall in Imperial ;) ) so I mounted it in first position, it works OK. I do get in trouble when I strap a backpack on my back, but then I usually just take it off.

My biggest issue with it is that I can't fit my 13" laptop in it.. I would guess that it's the same issue with the KTM original.. they could have made it a tad wider and/or longer... but you can't have your cake and it to... and it does look good on the bike so I'm not complaining :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm only 172 cm (that would translate not very tall in Imperial ;) ) so I mounted it in first position, it works OK. I do get in trouble when I strap a backpack on my back, but then I usually just take it off.
I think that it is possible change position of rear fastener or make additional one to fix the issue. But I am too lazy and doing remount for second position if need ;)

·
Registered
682 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
My KTM rear bag arrived last Friday. Here's the pics. I really like it. I am able to put my lunch bag in it on the ride to work and then when I arrive at work, I put my helmet in it and don't have to carry it around anymore. It's expensive but I couldn't find a knockoff I liked with the same features. I waited for a Ebay coupon 15 percent off so at least I got $22 bucks off the price.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts