KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
It really comes down to whats comfortable for the rider. Everyone prefers different things, but just as long as they feel comfortable riding I think that trumps having big chicken strips. A confident driver/rider is a safer one in my experience, and comfort plays a huge roll in that.

I just went from Michelin Pilot Street 110/70 & 150/60 to Dunlop Sportmax D222 120/70 & 160/60. It feels a lot more stable and I dont have to turn my front wheel left and right at creeping speeds just to keep balance. I probably wont see the track with this bike but if I do I'm sure I'll be able to run faster times with these Dunlop dual compound rubber.

Plus, I think the bigger tires look better. But to the untrained eye it probably looks the same cause no one gives a sh*t.. really.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nope too big of a rear will end up pushing your front end when exiting corners... don’t go over a 165 on a 390. Your just a looks boy if you go bigger. Go get a corvette to sit in and look good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
KTM is known for their off road dirt bikes, and the 390 certainly has some dirt bike character, I think more so than a crotch rocket. It would look better with knobbies than a fatty IMO.

·
Registered
941 Posts
The bigger tire issue has been discussed on here to exertion with the conclusion (from people that know, not think of feel) the rear rim is best fitted with 140 max.
The reason is that the whole of the tire profile is used as meant.
Even the 150 as delivered as stock is too wide but for show reasons been put on.
If not mistaken most of the RC racers use 140 on the track.
Love the "creeping speed" remark ha ha ha

·
Registered
12 Posts
The bigger tire issue has been discussed on here to exertion with the conclusion (from people that know, not think of feel) the rear rim is best fitted with 140 max.
The reason is that the whole of the tire profile is used as meant.
Even the 150 as delivered as stock is too wide but for show reasons been put on.
If not mistaken most of the RC racers use 140 on the track.
Love the "creeping speed" remark ha ha ha
That's good to know. Suggest going one size down up front as well?

·
Registered
941 Posts
What do you mean fAKE1?
Am on my second set of Pirelli MT60's riding 60/40 tarmac/dust and am really happy with these.
I don't ride the 160 but 140/80 and 110/90.
Amazing cornering on the tarmac also in rainy weather and pretty good on dust (not so in the mud).
On what bike did you ride the MT60's and formed your opinion?

thats the worst tyrre u can use for the D390 for example. imho

·
Registered
9 Posts
What do you mean fAKE1?
Am on my second set of Pirelli MT60's riding 60/40 tarmac/dust and am really happy with these.
I don't ride the 160 but 140/80 and 110/90.
Amazing cornering on the tarmac also in rainy weather and pretty good on dust (not so in the mud).
On what bike did you ride the MT60's and formed your opinion?
dude you are right. i never tried them i hustle just to reply it. my fault. but i believe that those tires are only for look ....

61 - 69 of 69 Posts