KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know what this is not tryna take this to the dealer but if i have to it’s not a issue. mainly from 6th down to 5th and maybe 5th to 4th sometimes but rare . i rarely even go into 6th gear as well.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you braking heavily? Or running low revs as you downshift?
sometimes it happens when in braking and in low rpm’s. i also realized i don’t know if this is all the way true or not because i haven’t put thought to it until now but whenever i put it in super motor mode it only does it but in road mode it seems perfectly normal

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got a fuelx lite for sale if you're interested!

what does this do i just bought the dyno jet power commander will this interfere with that? or can i just use the commander to get the same thing that thing can do?

· Registered
2013 KTM Duke 390
136 Posts
what does this do i just bought the dyno jet power commander will this interfere with that? or can i just use the commander to get the same thing that thing can do?
fuelx changes fueling in closed loop mode/part throttle/low load whereas power commander changes fueling in open loop mode/high load/full throttle conditions. They're complementary to each other and mostly wont interfere with each other.

· Registered
1,083 Posts
sometimes it happens when in braking and in low rpm’s. i also realized i don’t know if this is all the way true or not because i haven’t put thought to it until now but whenever i put it in super motor mode it only does it but in road mode it seems perfectly normal
You can stall the engine with hard braking if you misjudge your clutch control. Slipper clutch helps but doesn’t eliminate it. Supermoto mode could make this worse because it allows you to lock the rear wheel which will then stall the engine if the clutch is still partially engaged.

· Registered
24 Posts
I had this problem and it turned out to be a worn clutch switch i.e. the switch on the clutch handle.

The wear was slight - but it was just enough to screw things up. You can troubleshoot it by removing the switch so that it just dangles, and when the engine cuts out, toggle the switch a little bit.

· Administrator
2,667 Posts
Not saying it isn't true as I've never
1 had the problem
2 it's just an on-off switch
But an interesting approach.
How many kilometres were on your bike when the switch was warn?

I had this problem and it turned out to be a worn clutch switch i.e. the switch on the clutch handle.

The wear was slight - but it was just enough to screw things up. You can troubleshoot it by removing the switch so that it just dangles, and when the engine cuts out, toggle the switch a little bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts