KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have a 2014 Duke 390

The bike has been cutting out after about 10 minutes of running time (either idling or riding) with a solid engine warning light displayed on the dash and won't start until the bike has cooled down (usually about 30-40 mins).

I've already checked the entire cooling system and all components are working as expected. (Fan, Radiator, Water Pump, Thermostat, Coolant, Heat Sensor etc.)

I also checked the spark plug after it had cut out and noticed that it wasn't getting any spark until the bike had cooled down. I've already changed the plug and given the ignition coil and HT lead a check and all seems ok. But the bike still cuts out.

Its been cutting out very consistently pretty much 10 minutes every time.

Any Ideas?

Regards
Louis

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, have you solved the issue?
Have you tried to do the 15 minutes re-set procedure (if time allows)?
If this does not solve the issue perhaps the overtemperature cut off needs renewing?
How did this problem come to be?
Was it suddenly, has the bike been stationary for long, did it happen while riding?
Curious!

Hi have a 2014 Duke 390

The bike has been cutting out after about 10 minutes of running time (either idling or riding) with a solid engine warning light displayed on the dash and won't start until the bike has cooled down (usually about 30-40 mins).

I've already checked the entire cooling system and all components are working as expected. (Fan, Radiator, Water Pump, Thermostat, Coolant, Heat Sensor etc.)

I also checked the spark plug after it had cut out and noticed that it wasn't getting any spark until the bike had cooled down. I've already changed the plug and given the ignition coil and HT lead a check and all seems ok. But the bike still cuts out.

Its been cutting out very consistently pretty much 10 minutes every time.

Any Ideas?

Regards
Louis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts