1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Bike info 2019 Ktm 390 duke
Powertronic firmware version F3J

I just installed a powertronic ECU, I used the stock coupler to verify harness installation and bike fired right up no problem. And everything seemed great.

when I swapped out to powertronic ecu the bike cranks but does not start.

I disconnected the battery and reconnected to see if that will help and still wouldn’t fire up.

i downloaded and burned map from their website and still nothing.

Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated.

thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do you do? I am curious if this was fixed? Was it because of the ground wire in your other post? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you do? I am curious if this was fixed? Was it because of the ground wire in your other post? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Hello,

It turns out I had a bad ecu. I did a video chat with a powertronic technician. He pretty much made sure the problem wasn’t with the wiring harness and that I had connected everything correctly (which I did).

it’s been a real headache installing and uninstalling ecu and harness. Troubleshooting after work and being in contact with powertronic. It’s been days of tinkering and troubleshooting.

I also had to pay to ship back the ecu. They should receive the ecu tomorrow (Monday), and then they should be shipping me out a new one hopefully, and not refurbishing the one I sent to send me that one back.

I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info.... that’s pretty crazy they made you pay to ship it back! I will be picking up my 390 this week sometime.... been researching fuel programmers and seen your post.

·
Registered
321 Posts
How kind of Powertronic to diagnose your issue AND require you to pay for return shipping of their defective product. Uhhh NOPE.

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
I take it that you are all in the USA this is a call from the USA distributor PowerSUTRA, not the manufacturer, right?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How kind of Powertronic to diagnose your issue AND require you to pay for return shipping of their defective product. Uhhh NOPE.
Let’s hope they reimburse me, I will def let you know.

I wish I didn’t spend so much time and go through the hassle

·
Registered
453 Posts
That was just I thought so... Perfect After sales services..

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Piggyback ECU replacement from Powertronics works. Everything is all good now. It turns out I had a faulty Piggyback ECU (as suspected). Powertronics made me pay for return shipping and did not reimburse me (on a return due to their faulty unit). Which is not cool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I just installed a powertronic ECU, I used the stock coupler to verify harness installation and bike fired right up no problem. And everything seemed great.

I disconnected the battery and reconnected to see if that will help and still wouldn’t fire up.

thank you
Hello,

thank you
Check ur tps ..I had the same prb with my tps connectors pins ...all water entered the connectors n rusted all my pins n had to change the whole throttle body n the bike wouldn't start ...it would crank but not start if it's the same with u then it's definitely the tps connectors...will advise u to add electrical grease to all the connectors ...mine is a duke 390 2017 (ride by wire )

·
Registered
28 Posts
Coober ftw, considering they partnered with ktm in their ecu production. Remapping makes me feel like I’m rejetting carburetors.. 😂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts