1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Bike info 2019 Ktm 390 duke
Powertronic firmware version F3J

I just installed a powertronic ECU, I used the stock coupler to verify harness installation and bike fired right up no problem. And everything seemed great.

when I swapped out to powertronic ecu the bike cranks but does not start.

I disconnected the battery and reconnected to see if that will help and still wouldn’t fire up.

i downloaded and burned map from their website and still nothing.

Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated.

thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you do? I am curious if this was fixed? Was it because of the ground wire in your other post? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you do? I am curious if this was fixed? Was it because of the ground wire in your other post? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Hello,

It turns out I had a bad ecu. I did a video chat with a powertronic technician. He pretty much made sure the problem wasn’t with the wiring harness and that I had connected everything correctly (which I did).

it’s been a real headache installing and uninstalling ecu and harness. Troubleshooting after work and being in contact with powertronic. It’s been days of tinkering and troubleshooting.

I also had to pay to ship back the ecu. They should receive the ecu tomorrow (Monday), and then they should be shipping me out a new one hopefully, and not refurbishing the one I sent to send me that one back.

I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info.... that’s pretty crazy they made you pay to ship it back! I will be picking up my 390 this week sometime.... been researching fuel programmers and seen your post.

·
Registered
300 Posts
How kind of Powertronic to diagnose your issue AND require you to pay for return shipping of their defective product. Uhhh NOPE.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How kind of Powertronic to diagnose your issue AND require you to pay for return shipping of their defective product. Uhhh NOPE.
Let’s hope they reimburse me, I will def let you know.

I wish I didn’t spend so much time and go through the hassle

·
Registered
439 Posts
That was just I thought so... Perfect After sales services..

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts