KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Bit of a noob here but what's so bad about riding without the chain guard?
In my opinion it's not that dangerous, think of MX bikes and track bikes, they don't run chain guard. The main thing is that you can get oily dirt from the chain thrown everywhere, and maybe espacially on to your clothes. But if you keep the chain lubed but clean (wipe off excess oil) you should be fine.

There's always the chance the chain can break, and potenially that can be dangerous, but hey, you're riding a motorbike, it's not like it's the safest way to travel anyway ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Made a quick photoshop of your photo, here how it would look if you paint rims only, or frame as well.
Wow, that looks good, and nice photoshop work indeed ?!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Finally got around to do the wheels matt black, could not be more happy with the result.
Took only 3 hours all inclusive, not bad result for a short evenings work :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
looks nice, did you take the brackets for the lower cowl off too ?
Mmm, not sure what you mean by lower cowl? The spoiler thing under the engine? If so, yes, removed those brackets.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Finally got around to do the wheels matt black, could not be more happy with the result.
Took only 3 hours all inclusive, not bad result for a short evenings work :)

Just wondering how you did it?

Did you take the tires off the wheels.... Use a can of spray paint?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just wondering how you did it?

Did you take the tires off the wheels.... Use a can of spray paint?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
I left the tires on, removed discs and abs rings, cleaned thoroughly with degreaser, then soap and water, rubbed with 180 paper, second rinse and clean, dried them in the sun, masked tire and bearings and finally sprayed with a can of paint. Just make sure to mask a few millimeters off the rim when masking the tires, to get to the edge of the rim where the tire rests.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts