KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Wow this is the best looking 390 Duke I've seen. Are the headlights difficult to install?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Nope, takes some time, but not difficult. Plenty of space to tuck the wires. I sprayed the brackets black before assembling, so a bit more work there, but well worth it. They were orange.

And thanks for the liking :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
looks great !

my only reservation would be chipping - that said, pretty easy to touch up as and when...

i'd steer well clear of a pressure washer, as it may cause the paint to flake off....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Tell me your views on the MIVV exhaust (sound). I like the black can, opposed to the silver can on the Akrapovic .

·
Registered
142 Posts
**** Tricki! That bike looks incredible! I've been wanting to do something similar to this to the 2017 duke ever since I saw what it would look like at EICMA, except with plasti-dip and a protection cover coat, the bike looks so much meaner murdered out! Leaving the trellis frame orange also gives some dope contrast and makes her stand out as a KTM.

I love the attention to detail that you've put into this thing, from the gloss KTM decal on the left-hand tank side to the removal of the front hugger, the look just comes together as super complete and well finished. I also was a huge fan of the decals you designed for the rim, if you ever do end up getting those made, or sourcing something that looks like that I'd be super interested in getting a set myself!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope, takes some time, but not difficult. Plenty of space to tuck the wires. I sprayed the brackets black before assembling, so a bit more work there, but well worth it. They were orange.

And thanks for the liking :)

Ive seen pics of your very nice duke 390. How did you make that headlight mask?

Is it difficult? I have the stock light now and might by the powerparts light.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts