KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Read Only
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Anyone knows where can I find the size of the front brake caliper bolts?

I don't have access to the bike right now but would like to replace mine because they're rusty.

Basically I found this but dimensions not mentioned and I might want to find a stainless steel alternative

Font Line Parallel Office supplies Rectangle

Thanks

· Registered
Duke 390. Surprising huh…..
526 Posts
Digging an old one up from the deep here @KTMasean !

Did you ever replace your (2) M8 x 60 x 1mm pitch front brake Caliper Bolts with Titanium versions ?

**After taking the Caliper off at the weekend. I realised how sad the standard bolts looked amongst all the Ti and Stainless i already have.
Not easy to get hold of a fine thread / 1mm pitch it seems. Let alone a Titanium version. A fairly quick search last night has me a pair of
good quality (NOT cheap Chinese.......) A2 Stainless versions on the way. But these two holding on a brake Caliper deserve and probably
require Titanium more than most...........

· Administrator
2,617 Posts
Sorry I haven't yet.
Will contact Rick at Race Specs (FB) if he can supply these.
Will keep you posted

Digging an old one up from the deep here @KTMasean !

Did you ever replace your (2) M8 x 60 x 1mm pitch front brake Caliper Bolts with Titanium versions ?

**After taking the Caliper off at the weekend. I realised how sad the standard bolts looked amongst all the Ti and Stainless i already have.
Not easy to get hold of a fine thread / 1mm pitch it seems. Let alone a Titanium version. A fairly quick search last night has me a pair of
good quality (NOT cheap Chinese.......) A2 Stainless versions on the way. But these two holding on a brake Caliper deserve and probably
require Titanium more than most...........

· Premium Member
1,172 Posts

· Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Last post in above link was 2017 and ‘seller’ was “running out fast”. Also mentions 70mm. Mine are 60mm long. Shame. But thanks !
Did you double check yours are 60mm? With the larger 320mm rotor on 2nd gen bikes, I would have assumed longer but it does look like a shorter spacer is used too, so perhaps not.

Reactions: Syer Shulver

· Registered
526 Posts
Did you double check yours are 60mm? With the larger 320mm rotor on 2nd gen bikes, I would have assumed longer but it does look like a shorter spacer is used too, so perhaps not.
“Measure 38 times - order once” 😂🤣 is how the saying goes isn’t it ??

Yes. I double checked. Thanks for double checking me though…..😉

· Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Reactions: Syer Shulver

· Registered
526 Posts
***Specs don’t mention flange diameter either.
Will have to check on that (In terms of if it will fit) - if it’s in stock ‘over here’ - and it’s my only / an option…..

· Registered
526 Posts
Job done and ordered; if anyone else (In the U.K. ?) is looking (2018 Gen 2 Duke):

1 - 15 of 15 Posts