KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't have a wide band...

Then... Ok, here is a pretty good one. You can see from the IAT reading, my dual/series sensor is currently in place; it reads 53.6 F. The system was initially stable, in a closed loop condition; look at the Short Term Fuel Subtraction ratio, it was bouncing between -10 and -13 percent with the fake IAT reading.

Then I jogged the throttle for a burst of momentary engine rpm; the loops status changed to Open Loop Driving mode, the ST Fuel Trim jumped up to KTM's patent OL behavior, the infamous zero line...

And even though I immediately released the throttle, and the system shifted back to CL mode, the fuel trim only gradually changed back to its previous condition [sub minus 10%].
20 seconds later [end of graph, sorry] and the fuel trim is still dropping/and the O2 still has not returned to active status [it's still stuck rich]... but you can kinda see where the ST fuel trim is still heading, right?

It's tied up in a series of videos I still hafta review [and screen capture], but it was actually going all the way to the -20 line [max enlean] and hanging there for a spell b4 going active again.

If it helps, as a general rule, 10% richer than stoich equals 13.36:1, 15% equals 12.78:1, 20% equals 12.25:1.
So it's basically like this: 14.7/1, or 14.7/1.1, or 14.7/1.15, or 14.7/1.2. Right?

I really gotta go, I'll check back later.

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am not familiar with scan master ELM, but it seems to have a lot of features which is pretty nice. With Torque pro is uses the narrowband sensor to provide the AFR's, which isn't as accurate as a wideband of course. Are you able to log AFR with that PC based app? Also I see what you are saying about stabbing the throttle, but it's a bit different when underload and I suspect the results might be different as well. It seems like you have pretty much all of the data you need / want except AFR's, I would be interested to hear of your findings.

I wonder if between the two generations if the fuel map was altered or adjusted.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wonder if between the two generations if the fuel map was altered or adjusted.
Everything I'm seeing so far points to yes... (and heck, why wouldn't they, considering completely new controller and too many years of press professing excessive lean problems, burnt valves and hurt feelings:rolleyes:).

But just as an added insight into whether or not that might be true, Compare the pic I'm attaching to the previous map picture I posted. 'This' new one is the Stock Gen1 map1 map from PT. Totally different character, I'm sure you'll agree.

As far as AFRs go, the software I'm using does not automatically report that kind of interpolation.

Are either of the following the PID setups you were using (looking for) for the Torque app?

Open Loop Commanded Air/Fuel Ratio
OBD2 PID: 0144
Long Name: AFR
Short Name: AFR
Minimum Value: 0
Maximum Value: 20
Scale Factor: x1
Unit Type: A/F
Equation: (A*256+B)/32768*14.7
Gen 1 Status:
Gen 2 Status: Working and confirmed
MS6 Status:

OEM Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio
OBD2 PID: 0134
Long Name: WAFR
Short Name: WAFR
Gen 1 Status:
MS6 Status:

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Everything I'm seeing so far points to yes... (and heck, why wouldn't they, considering completely new controller and too many years of press professing excessive lean problems, burnt valves and hurt feelings:rolleyes:).

But just as an added insight into whether or not that might be true, Compare the pic I'm attaching to the previous map picture I posted. 'This' new one is the Stock Gen1 map1 map from PT. Totally different character, I'm sure you'll agree.

As far as AFRs go, the software I'm using does not automatically report that kind of interpolation.

Are either of the following the PID setups you were using (looking for) for the Torque app?

Gen 1 Status:
MS6 Status:

Gen 1 Status:
MS6 Status:
Those PIDS look like what I have, I keep forgetting to send myself the info (it's on my work computer)

·
Registered
314 Posts

Gen 1 Status:
MS6 Status:

Gen 1 Status:
MS6 Status:

How did you get that data?
I have the TorqueApp and I paid for it. I get lots of info. But I don't see any of the PIDs you mention here. And I should see them because I log everything that's available.
I have a Duke 390 build 2017.

Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
How did you get that data?
I have the TorqueApp and I paid for it. I get lots of info. But I don't see any of the PIDs you mention here. And I should see them because I log everything that's available.
I have a Duke 390 build 2017.

Thanks
They have to be added as "Extra PIDS" or what ever the menu is called

61 - 66 of 66 Posts