KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Has anyone of you installed Boosterplug for the new Duke 390, model 2021 and Euro5?
Boosterplug website says they will not make one for 2021 model but i wonder could you fit the Boosterplug meant for 2020 model? If im not completely wrong there isnt anything really stopping this cause Coober and Powertronic offers their products for 2021 model. I didnt find any info anywhere about this subject and might be completely wrong when comparing boosterplug and piggyback ecus.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't, but I reached out to Booster Plug to verify whether or not they were planning to support 2021+ 390/401 models (I have a '21 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401) and was told that they would be halting further development due to new Euro 5 sensor monitoring requirements. They also pointed me to their FAQ, explaining the issue. The quoted email:

Please see this page in our FAQ section on why we can not build BoosterPlug’s for 2021 motorcycles: BoosterPlug - Tuning your Motorcycle Fuel Injection

The requirements about sensor monitoring are firm in the new emission restrictions, so even if the BoosterPlug would not make the ECU throw a fault code when you install it, it can easily change after the next service when the dealer is updating the ECU software.

And for that reason, the only decent and honest solution is to stop developing and selling the BoosterPlug for bikes newer than 2020.

Some bikes are programmed to continue on full power when the check engine light is turned on, other will go into “Limp” mode with reduced power.

We will never introduce a product that will turn on the check light warning, so we have not done any investigations on how the Husqvarna will react.

Best Regards

Jens Lyck

BoosterPlug.com
Slotsgade 3
4880 Nysted
Denmark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Additionally, I reached out to Rottweiler Performance about their similar product and was confirmed that their dongles have also been reported not to work with Euro 5 bikes.

I reached out to Coober, Rapid Bike, DynoJet (PCV),
PowerTronic, etc and got various responses. As of right now, only Coober and PowerTronic confirm that their seperate ECU solution works with Euro 5 bikes.

Rapid Bike USA Rep stated that he had no word from their home office in Italy that they would be pursuing support for the newer bikes.

Similar response from DynoJet, no plans to support.

Haven't gotten confirmation from Bazzaz, but I would assume that their product would be affected as well...

Looks like it's a Coober/PowerTronic ballgame for 2021+ 390/401s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts