KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2018 Duke 390 with modified air box cover and exhaust (only about 2bhp). I have retained the Cat.
I’m looking at the Boosterplug from the US as a cheap ish fix to make the mixture a little richer and smooth out the lean idling and low throttle bugs. Has anyone had any experience of this, or indeed has other recommendations? I cannot afford the likes of Powertronics etc ☹
Thanks
Eva

·
Registered
693 Posts
Try Rapid Bike Easy at around UK £140 a little more expensive than Booster Plug.
It’s designed to make the bike smoother at low RPM and does work very well.
It’s also adjustable and is a proper microprocessor controlled unit so well worth looking at.
However both these units will make the bike much better at low RPM and both of them work, so it’s your choice.

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Omaniac,

The Booster Plug (a Danish product) is a very simple device that fools the ECU in thinking that the ambient temperature is a few degrees colder than it actually is.
This activates the ECU in delivering more fuel through the injector.
The Booster Plug will still do this no matter what else you do to your bike, so yes it also works with an aftermarket exhaust.

Does the Booster Plug also work with aftermarked exhaust, or only with the stock exhaust?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts