KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried the Boosterplug. Bazbo had a post but confused if it's about Boosterolug or Rapid Bike unit. I would like to try Boosterplug for better low rpm throttle response. Anyone tried it?:confused::confused:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Has anyone tried the Boosterplug. Bazbo had a post but confused if it's about Boosterolug or Rapid Bike unit. I would like to try Boosterplug for better low rpm throttle response. Anyone tried it?:confused::confused:
I haven't tried the booster plug, but I have the rapid bike easy. I have an entire thread on it and youtube video, have a look.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I was just looking at that yesterday, I haven't tried it myself but I have friend who installed Boosterplug on his BMW and was very happy with the results.
According to him it ran much smoother especially at low speed/low rpm

There is also a testimonial from a 2018 D390 owner on the BP web page stating pretty much the same..

It's on my to do list after the first 1000km service :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I was just looking at that yesterday, I haven't tried it myself but I have friend who installed Boosterplug on his BMW and was very happy with the results.
According to him it ran much smoother especially at low speed/low rpm

There is also a testimonial from a 2018 D390 owner on the BP web page stating pretty much the same..

It's on my to do list after the first 1000km service :)
Apparently patience is not my strongest virtue... placed an order now..
and I think I found the 2018 Duke owner who posted a testimonial on the web page in here :)
http://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum/new-members-introduction/42090-hi-netherlands.html

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the boosterplug on my Duke 2018 with full Scorpion exhaust.

I can tell you thats a very good product nicely build and works as promesd

No jerking on the throttle.....smood deceleration and smooth acceleration and stronger idle so no stalling engine anymore.

INSTALL.........simple takes 5-10 min

Price is nice and evry penny worth it

My conclusion.......to all 390 drivers ....ditch the powercomander you dont need higher revs for stronger acceleration and is bad for the engine the most torque is between the 6 and 9500 rpm then its time to shift.

Have fun with the Booster.:D

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
Hi John,
Higher rev's aren't bad for an engine.
The problem with the 390's is the valve springs that can't keep up.
I have to be honest and tell you that I have no idea what a boosterplug is but unless trying it, I won't render it "better"
The PowerTRONIC regulates AFR as well as ignition pretty or retard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
@vvv;
Hi John,
Higher rev's aren't bad for an engine.
The problem with the 390's is the valve springs that can't keep up.
I have to be honest and tell you that I have no idea what a boosterplug is but unless trying it, I won't render it "better"
The PowerTRONIC regulates AFR as well as ignition pretty or retard.
.....it don,t give you more tork...after 10000 rpms the powercurve is going down by KTM 390 and yes the valve spring can,t keep up.......floting valves

We have in the days the same problems with the 4 stroke engine of TJR tuning(Honda R Monkey 180cc) we tuned the 110cc Honda Nice to 180 cc and we came to the same problems because of the higher revs so we fitt stronger springs and other camshafts to solve this.

Regards

John

·
Registered
545 Posts
Do any of you that have the booster plug have info on AFR's under different throttle loads? I'm just curious to compare the results with my rapid bike

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a booster plug, but cannot find the AFR PID for the Torque Pro app. If you can share the PID, I'd be happy to measure the AFR and post it/them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts