KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
You should pull the ECU fuse first, this will reset the ECU and force it into an idle relearn. Give it a good solid few minutes and then re-insert the fuse. After that start the bike, let it idle for 15 mins, no more than 16 mins. Then turn it off.

·
Registered
144 Posts
No i didnt, it didnt mention that in the fitting instructions , how do i do that ?

I’m guessing it’s not necessary based on the fact that it says nothing about it in the instructions. Jens is way too detail oriented to leave that out of the instructions if it’s necessary. If you’re really thinking of trying it, why not shoot Jens a message? He’s super responsive.

The other reason I assume it’s not necessary is that the device is simply lying to the ECU about the ambient temp, but it’s only taken into account in OPEN loop. CLOSED loop is where the ECU “learns” based on the sensors installed on the bike/car. The Booster Plug does nothing to closed loop. I doubt an ECU reset does any open loop re-learning. Hey, that’s my two-cent theory anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Hi Everyone,

After reading about 1000 pages of information....some of which I understood, some not so much!.... I am going to go for a K and N filter, with the MNNTHBX intake cover, and the BoosterPlug in the hopes that it will regulate everything nicely. The price is right if all runs well!

I'm really just hoping for a bit of sound improvement, and smoother throttle response would be a bonus.

I'll let you know how I like it!
So how does the Open intake cover work? does it replace the the air filer box top and does the Air Take hose just rest on the side?
Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I placed my sensor inside the airbox, next to the sensor its "cheating"
There is 2 drain holes in the airbox so I simply drilled one of them up to 6,5mm(think it was 5mm before)
This requires no extension of the cable and is away from any heat.
Works perfect.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts