KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I just noticed the front brake lever freeplay is pretty high. I usually do two-fingers braking and I recently see that I end up crushing my other three fingers against the handlebar at hard braking.

There are no info about it neither in the user manual nor the repair manual. Has anyone performed this adjustment?

Thanks

·
Registered
817 Posts
Your saying you need forward adjustment so it doesnt come in so far? If you have factory levers then I dont think there is any unless you try bleeding the brakes. I fitted adjustables on mine so I just click it but once it gets too soft I have to re-bleed, this front brake Master Cylinder is crap!!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I have the same issue Bender - more so when wearing gloves.
Went for the adjustable lever but then jammed the cylinder twice in two days and had to wait on the side of the road for about 30 min to let it cool.
So, I do not know what can be done!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I went to the SC today to have the brakes bleeded and the problem is still there!!!!!!

I left the bike there hoping it won't take as long as it took the last time to get the problem solved.

I'm loosing the trust in this bike. :confused::confused:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I questioned the dealer today about the front brake, and he felt mine, which is spongy as F**k and said the only way you'll cure that is a better master cylinder. The stock MC is awful.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't have this problem (yet!) but there is a trick which sometimes works if the brakes won't bleed without leaving free play. Try putting a rubber band fairly tightly around the brake lever overnight. No one seems sure why this works but it often produces a firmer lever.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have this problem (yet!) but there is a trick which sometimes works if the brakes won't bleed without leaving free play. Try putting a rubber band fairly tightly around the brake lever overnight. No one seems sure why this works but it often produces a firmer lever.
It's working well now but I'll try that one if that ever happens again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Has anyone tried putting a higher quality (Galfer) steel braided brake line on one ? I know according to "The Specs" it does have a braided line. But there are some of higher quality than others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts