KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
The bikes come with braided lines from the factory, I do not see the need to change them personally.

On that note, I did bypass the ABS module for my rear brakes on my 2016 because they would not stay bled properly. Just removed the line from the master to the ABS module & re-routed it directly to the rear caliper and eliminated the extra line completely. Has great rear brakes now :cool:

·
Registered
875 Posts
The bike comes with good quality steel braided lines from factory, and the newer 2020 one comes with sintered pads and better master cylinder. So if you'd like to get a better feel, you can perhaps updgrade to a radial master cylinder. And just to remind you, bleeding an ABS fitted brake unit isn't as hard as it seems. Have lots of brake fluid, patience to bleed and you're all set. You can directly connect the hoses bypassing the ABS unit, but then you'll have to remove the ABS unit or the light stays on.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The bike comes with good quality steel braided lines from factory, and the newer 2020 one comes with sintered pads and better master cylinder. So if you'd like to get a better feel, you can perhaps updgrade to a radial master cylinder. And just to remind you, bleeding an ABS fitted brake unit isn't as hard as it seems. Have lots of brake fluid, patience to bleed and you're all set. You can directly connect the hoses bypassing the ABS unit, but then you'll have to remove the ABS unit or the light stays on.
My ABS unit is still in place & still connected to the front brakes only. No light came on at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts