KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
The last saturday I was riding with friends.
I was going at 140km/h aprox and the engine made a big noise and locked the tire and thanks God I could control the motorcycle.
Sound like broken something inside the motors. :cry:
Tomorrow Im going to carry to ktm dealer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Wakeboarder

I hope it's something easy (and cheap) to solve! 🙏

I'm also from Argentina, if there's anything i can help please don't hesitate on contact me

2 weeks ago i also had an engine issue, luckily I could solve it 😅

I wish you the best of luck 🤞

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Wakeboarder

I hope it's something easy (and cheap) to solve! 🙏

I'm also from Argentina, if there's anything i can help please don't hesitate on contact me

2 weeks ago i also had an engine issue, luckily I could solve it 😅

I wish you the best of luck 🤞
GRACIAS CUMPA! TE MANTENGO AL TANTO

·
Registered
754 Posts
From all the symptoms that you are having, you might have thrown a rod. The fact that your engine seized and wheels completely locked would mean your engine with all probability is seized. Can be due to oil starvation, little to no oil or blocked oil galleys. Nonetheless sorry to hear that mate.

Get well soon.

Cheers!
V

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, yesterday They opened the clutch cover and found parts of two kind of metal (aluminium and steel)...
Now im waiting for open all the motor....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would suspect the rest of it is in the bottom of the oil pan. Really sorry to hear of your bad lucky, is it under warranty still?
Has 4500km but is out of warranty because I changed the oil myself (Motul 300V the best but for ktm is not de oil recommended)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Press on KTM. Be polite, but firm. I've seen instances of them being willing to work with people on warranty claims. It might not get you anything, but you don't stand to lose anything. Send an email pleading your case and giving them proof that you did the oil change with quality oil.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts