KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've been riding since childhood, dirt bikes etc. Gained my road licence a few years back now.

Picked up The Duchess yesterday afternoon from my local dealer, here in Newcastle, NSW Australia.

Looking forward to hearing others joys and frustrations on here.

Cheers 馃馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
hello, congrats on your new bike, hope the weather is nice for you to enjoy it
It's terribly wet here, unfortunately. It's ok, a few suspension adjustments to be made as yet anyway.
Thanks for the welcome

Registered
Welcome from the US!

Reactions: EmEllis

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats from Sydney, what was the dealer like I just got the new 2020. Dealer was very meh down here.
Hey,
The dealer was brilliant, took care of everything, all the little touches I was expecting. The sign next to it when we walked in was a nice touch too!
They're a great team up here. I'd highly recommend them, it's worth the drive for the service 馃榿

Registered
Hi all,
I've been riding since childhood, dirt bikes etc. Gained my road licence a few years back now.

Picked up The Duchess yesterday afternoon from my local dealer, here in Newcastle, NSW Australia.

Cheers 馃馃

View attachment 51699
Hi all,

Cheers 馃馃

View attachment 51699
Hi Em, how are you feeling aboiut the purchase a few weeks in? Would you do a decent freeway trin, say to Sydney at 115 kmh the whole way?

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Em, how are you feeling aboiut the purchase a few weeks in? Would you do a decent freeway trin, say to Sydney at 115 kmh the whole way?
I 'accidently' found myself at 125kms/h whilst over taking a Camry doing 30 under in an 80 zone.
I've only clocked up 135 KMS so far (life happening more than riding at the moment)
But at the end of September I'll be heading down that way for a track day at luddenham, so I can't see it being a problem.
I've got a near rear shock on the way from Nitron this month and my andreani adjustable forks have been shipped from Italy, hopefully they'll be here by the end of next week.
Once I've got them installed, I'll be able to feel more confident opening her up and seeing how much blap I get out of her 馃榿

Super Moderator
Hi EmEllis,

Congrats on the Duchess.
What Nitrox shock have you ordered?
I'm running the 脰hlins KT-301 (after 1,000km OEM) and am curious to your experience with the Nitrox.
Hope you are able to put some more km's on her soon.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Hi EmEllis,

Congrats on the Duchess.
What Nitrox shock have you ordered?
I'm running the 脰hlins KT-301 (after 1,000km OEM) and am curious to your experience with the Nitrox.
Hope you are able to put some more km's on her soon.
Thanks! I've gone with the Nitron R1.
It's being made to my specs at the moment, I should have it home by the next week or 2.
Then I can pull out the stock one 馃ぃ
Cheers man, I'm Keen to get some KMS on the screen too 馃馃馃

Super Moderator
Great stuff EmEllis,

I run the Andreani fork inserts as well and had to ride back to the supplier in order to change out the springs as the standard springs (although I gave them my riders-weight) were too stiff.
To get the Springs changed was a 1,600km one-way ride but a good place to try the fresh springs out on the twisties in Northern Thailand.
Is the spring on your Nitrox R1 blue or a more civilised colour :LOL:

Thanks! I've gone with the Nitron R1.
It's being made to my specs at the moment, I should have it home by the next week or 2.
Then I can pull out the stock one 馃ぃ
Cheers man, I'm Keen to get some KMS on the screen too 馃馃馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
@KTMasean what a journey! That's not a bad way to spend a bike 'fix' though 馃ぃ
Yes, as the Duchess is mostly white, I opted out of the Nitron teal suspension 馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
Wow, that's chalk and cheese to my experience. Mine was terrible. Like they couldn't wait to get rid of me, bike was nearly empty, were far more concerned upselling me stuff. Motohub I won't be back.

I like the sound of your mods, do you go on the track much? What's the go with the track day?

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, that's chalk and cheese to my experience. Mine was terrible. Like they couldn't wait to get rid of me, bike was nearly empty, were far more concerned upselling me stuff. Motohub I won't be back.

I like the sound of your mods, do you go on the track much? What's the go with the track day?
It's disappointing to hear you had a bad experience. The team at my local dealership are passionate about service, any of the upgrades I wanted, they bundles together and gave me a discount. Took care of installation etc too.
My first track day will be on the 30th September down in Sydney, if covid doesn't force it to cancelled 馃

Super Moderator
Get quality fork oil (脰hlins?) and I changed the seals out at the same time for the green SKF seals ;)
Also, follow the correct procedure when installing the front wheel again in order to aline the forks correctly.
Good luck with the assembly.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Get quality fork oil (脰hlins?) and I changed the seals out at the same time for the green SKF seals ;)
Also, follow the correct procedure when installing the front wheel again in order to aline the forks correctly.
Good luck with the assembly.
Already sorted 馃榿
Cheers mate

1 - 19 of 19 Posts