KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The main reason for me to join this forum is my queries regarding KTM duke 390. Its not too far back that i came across the KTM duke 390 on the internet. And suddenly a lot of curiosities to know about this beauty started knocking inside my head. I instantly made up my mind that am gonna own one. I started surfing internet more and more. Before this it was facebook that took away my sleep but now its duke 390. I don't even log in facebook but keep on watching every new video that arrives in youtube about ktm duke 390. i almost watched all the reviews about the bike by powerdrift, motorbeam, Autocar etc. You guys may think am mad or crazy but believe me i never became so excited in my life for anything.so i hope you guys bear with me.I really want to buy this bike and so i am going to book it in 1st week of june. But the main problem is there is no service centre here in Agartala, Tripura. Though for me its not a big deal because am going to buy it anyway so i want to clear somethings. 1st of all, I read some customer reviews where they mentioned that some of their bikes front wheel alloys broke after an encounter with pot holes and this is due to cheap quality of the alloys. I heard that the engine gets too hot which becomes uncomfortable as the heat directs to our legs but in one article i also saw that KTM is making some changes so that the heat doesn't direct to our legs. what are your opinions regarding this things. what else are the problems and please suggest the solutions.I will use it for daily commute so not going for RC version. Will it be better to buy it based on my geological location and also non availability of service centres.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome to the forum. First of all you're not crazy I have also red every review and watched every youtube video available not only before I bought it but also afterwards.

My personal thoughts on the topics you're concerned about.

Rims quality: I live in one of the worst cities in the world - Bogota - Colombia, regarding the number and size of potholes, and in spite of the fact that I haven't fallen into a big one, I haven't had any broken or dented rims so far.

Heat: Yes, you can feel it and it's not nice if you're in the middle of a traffic jam. A dealbreaker? I don't think so, unless you ride motorbikes wearing shorts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got my bike Mid-March this year. I still check youtube for new videos on the bike every single day. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts