KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey New Englander's, take a second to check in and share with others your favorite routes, location and anything else relevant to our region. Possible group ride interest anybody ?

Pete in Maine

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm in SHerbrooke, QUebec, about 45 minutes from the border and NewPort... So not really far from you.

I was thinking on taking a day trip to Kancamagus highway sometime soon. Love that place even by car so...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luc, glad to see you ! The Kancamangus Highway is probably my favorite ride, my bike's practically steer there on their own LOL. Have you ever ridden up around Bethel or towards Camden/Rockland ? Usually good but can get crowded in mid-summer...

Pete

·
Registered
256 Posts
No I haven't yet but thanks for the cue! I've never really toured on a motorcycle. This is my first "real" one. And in this part of the USA, my usual travel ways are directly to Cape Cod on the highway, so I was missing out on a lot of nice stuff. Have to fix this now :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got back from North Conway run, took Rt. 25 and 153. Roads took it hard this winter. They were paving the Kanc last summer, wonder what kind of shape it's in this spring ?

Pete

·
Registered
153 Posts
Got all excited that there was a post in the NE section thinking that I might have some KTM'ers to ride with. Y'all are like 10 hours away! Ha! Aw well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Shot at local beach, 10 minutes from my house.
Hey Pete, nice shot to start, and second, looks like you have the KTM touring screen mounted. How do you like it? I have one on order for those longer trips.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got all excited that there was a post in the NE section thinking that I might have some KTM'ers to ride with. Y'all are like 10 hours away! Ha! Aw well.
Hey there Lowcruzr, time to get excited again. I have the same black Duke 390, today is its two week anniversary and I live just west of Syracuse in the burbs :D
Going for my first service next Friday in Ithaca, cannot wait to rev past 7500

So definitely a lot closer :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
No I haven't yet but thanks for the cue! I've never really toured on a motorcycle. This is my first "real" one. And in this part of the USA, my usual travel ways are directly to Cape Cod on the highway, so I was missing out on a lot of nice stuff. Have to fix this now :)
Hi Luke i am from south of Montreal a little coutry place called St-Stanislas-De-Kostka. i just wanted to know how is the duke you got in Quebec?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Pete, nice shot to start, and second, looks like you have the KTM touring screen mounted. How do you like it? I have one on order for those longer trips.
Coastal living has it's upside, glad you like the pic. I like the screen a lot, it does move some air away at higher speeds. I like the smaller screens personally, more the mic to the bike. Good price also a plus !

Pete

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Luke i am from south of Montreal a little coutry place called St-Stanislas-De-Kostka. i just wanted to know how is the duke you got in Quebec?
How? In what way? if you are talking about how I am enjoying it, the answer is : A LOT!!!!

I'm in Sherbrooke by the way. Eastern Townships!

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
How? In what way? if you are talking about how I am enjoying it, the answer is : A LOT!!!!

I'm in Sherbrooke by the way. Eastern Townships!

Cheers
Any dealer issues not prepared right? where did you purchase it?. I have been looking at Duroy in st-constant they are the closest KTM Dealer to me. Once i get mice we could probly get together and drive around.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello! I just came back from Duroy today for my first service!

Sadly, the mechanic was not in today (sick), but the garage dispatcher did the oil change and checked the list for me. The only thing he missed was to reset the service counter AND he didn't check the valve gaps. It would have taken too long anyways. I will look into doing it myself later on.

Have you already ordered yours from Duroy? Don't think they have any left?

Take care!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello! I just came back from Duroy today for my first service!

Sadly, the mechanic was not in today (sick), but the garage dispatcher did the oil change and checked the list for me. The only thing he missed was to reset the service counter AND he didn't check the valve gaps. It would have taken too long anyways. I will look into doing it myself later on.

Have you already ordered yours from Duroy? Don't think they have any left?

Take care!
I had went saterday and he said he had a White and Black one.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Get the white one. Everyone knows they are faster & handle way better :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey there Lowcruzr, time to get excited again. I have the same black Duke 390, today is its two week anniversary and I live just west of Syracuse in the burbs :D

So definitely a lot closer :)
I have a close friend with a camp in Cleveland, NY right on Oneida. I'll be taking it there for certain this summer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey there Lowcruzr, time to get excited again. I have the same black Duke 390, today is its two week anniversary and I live just west of Syracuse in the burbs

So definitely a lot closer
I have a close friend with a camp in Cleveland, NY right on Oneida. I'll be taking it there for certain this summer.
Sounds cool, ping me when you are in the area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey I live in nyc and was looking at the duke 390 . How is it to commute here in nyc taking into consideration the roads and constant cars people around you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts