KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started making this noise recently, due a full service but can't get booked in for another month or so. Gunna maybe have a look check for loose bolts when I get some dry weather to go outside

·
Registered
183 Posts
Started making this noise recently, due a full service but can't get booked in for another month or so. Gunna maybe have a look check for loose bolts when I get some dry weather to go outside
Possibly Cam Chain Tensioner failure, move camera to the other side of the engine on the back of the head........ You can also use a long screwdriver as a stethoscope, put the tip on the engine while it is running and put your ear on the handle. Checking different spots on the motor will help you pinpoint the location of the noise better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sound to me like a loose screw or some sort... try to block the slip-on end with a cloth and try to record it. so you will be able to hear it clearly
Think its the bracket/clamp on the exhaust vibrating as my brother worked out a spot to hold the exhaust and it goes away so got 2 new gaskets ordered for Friday and a service booked in so hopefully it's that but if not they will find out during service

·
Registered
98 Posts
Think its the bracket/clamp on the exhaust vibrating as my brother worked out a spot to hold the exhaust and it goes away so got 2 new gaskets ordered for Friday and a service booked in so hopefully it's that but if not they will find out during service
I'm so glad to hear that. what 2 gaskets are you going to change? oil leak?

·
Registered
806 Posts
From what I can guess, it perhaps can be a loose bolt somewhere, starting from the engine pan bolts to the crash bung bolts. Inspect all the peripheral bolts for proper torque, also make sure the exhaust C clamp bolts are torqued in. If all is well, then it's time to look elsewhere.

Good luck.

Cheers!
V

1 - 6 of 6 Posts