KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm new here ✌
I have a question: Today i had to take out a bolt on my 2020 Duke 390 which resulted in a small engine oil leak. After this i checked the engine oil level and it is just at the minimum mark (or just under the minimum mark) depending on which ankle you are looking from. You can see it at the picture i attached.
My question is: Can I run it like this the next 1500km? (I have a service in 1500km.) Or should I get this corrected by changing engine oil immediately?

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
No, you must always keep the oil between the min and max mark. That means you need to keep an eye on the level and top the oil up when necessary between services. You don’t need to change the oil to top it up

To check the oil the engine must be hot, then turned off for one minute, the bike positioned upright, then check the level.

Buy a 1 litre bottle of 15w50 4T semi synth oil and top the oil up ASAP

If you haven’t read the maintenance section of the owners manual, I highly recommend that you do so

·
Super Moderator
1,855 Posts
Sure you can, depending on what the oil consumption on your bike is.

·
Super Moderator
1,855 Posts
Both my 200 and 390 run 5,000 km without noticeable oil consumption.

·
Super Moderator
1,855 Posts
Nice joke though not very realistic and no, the engine will not run for 1,500km without oil my friend.

They can also run it with no oil at all, just depends on how long they want the engine to last

1 - 9 of 9 Posts