KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this question is getting lost in my other thread as I'm not getting a reply in days and this is getting really urgent.

This is the chain I bought, I'm starting to think it can only be "closed" with the clip link that came with it, I want a rivet link, did I buy the wrong chain or can I add a rivet link from another company?

I'm on the verge of giving up and finding a mechanic.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a clip link. It would be ‘better’ with a riveted link.
But does this chain come with a rivet link? The image only seems to show a clip link and I haven't opened the package yet. If it doesn't include a rivet link, can I use a rivet link from another company that's also 520 size or is this chain designed for the included clip link only?

·
Administrator
2,324 Posts
I understand your frustration but why don't you give this company a call?

But does this chain come with a rivet link? The image only seems to show a clip link and I haven't opened the package yet. If it doesn't include a rivet link, can I use a rivet link from another company that's also 520 size or is this chain designed for the included clip link only?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with this , you have spent a substantial lump of cash on the chain , and yet you are unsure if it’s suitable. Contact the supplier and then either return it or fit it.
I know it's compatible with my bike, I'm just now unsure if it can use or even includes a rivet link, I had assumed it came with both but I only seem to see the clip link in the image.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts