KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2019 Duke 390 and as I've been going over it and checking everything, I've run across a couple of screws that are missing and want to replace them, but I can not find them on any parts diagrams anywhere. I figured asking you Duke pros would be my best shot at finding them. Pictures below.

First one is between the tank and the front fork on the right side. It goes through the frame and in to a small nut in a plastic piece that's securing some wiring in place. I am pretty sure I spotted it in a video and think it's a Phillips screw?
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Second one is on the left side of the bike, holding a small grill in place. One of the screws is there but the bottom right one is missing. Guessing I could see if the top screw fits and take it to Home Depot to see if they have a match but thought I'd ask here first.
Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle fork

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
As I don't have any 2nd-Gen bikes I need to guess this but you can always take a look here, put in your VIN number and all the parts your bike came with should be listed.
I think I found the screw for the little triangle cover plate.
J031060106 - screw button head M5x0.8xXL 8xB
I have absolutely no idea what these measurements mean but there you go.
The long bolt/screw you asked for I can't find, this might be an optional thing.
As long as there is no negative wire hanging lose you'll be okay, I guess.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KTMasean, thank you so much for that link and for taking the time to look at that for me! I truly appreciate it. l think you're correct on the screw for that triangle piece, and I'm pretty sure I found the other screw that I thought was phillips up on the front right side (J031050121 - Roundhead screw M4X12). Found that one as well on the 'frame' diagram.

I've been looking at the parts diagrams here and on another parts website, but the link you provided REALLY helps so much more.

After finding those, it looks like the phillips head screw is a $1 part that holds a clutch cable guide in place to the frame. But the other screw that holds the little triangle cover looks to be around $23. Ouch. I first thought it was for the entire assembly, but it looks like the actual grill/cover is $1.18, and the 2 screws are $23. That seems a little backwards. I may have to do a little more digging on that one or call the parts dealer where I found these to confirm.

But again, thank you for the link and the info. I do truly appreciate it!

·
Registered
812 Posts
These are just allen screws for the most part. Remove the screw that's there and your nearest parts bin shop can help you get more. What's more you can make it more friendly by selecting your choice of screw head philps, allen or just hex, just make sure the TL and pitch are stock spec and shouldn't be of worry.

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts