KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was trying to replace the original handle of my KTM Duke 390 2018 with a pairs of protaper ones that I've bought on AliExpress, but when I tooked off the DX knob, I noticed that the diameter was different with the new one: It was 26mm against the 24mm of the new one.
I've tried to search online but I found that the internal size of all the handles that I could find were 24-22mm, so is my throttle control abnormal or what?

For now I've put on again the old ones, because even using alcool the new ones didn't fit in

·
Administrator
2,324 Posts
You will not be able to put the 24 mm grips on where it needs 26 mm.
You will have to buy a correct diameter set of grips.

Hi, I was trying to replace the original handle of my KTM Duke 390 2018 with a pairs of protaper ones that I've bought on AliExpress, but when I tooked off the DX knob, I noticed that the diameter was different with the new one: It was 26mm against the 24mm of the new one.
I've tried to search online but I found that the internal size of all the handles that I could find were 24-22mm, so is my throttle control abnormal or what?

For now I've put on again the old ones, because even using alcool the new ones didn't fit in

·
Registered
191 Posts
AFAIR the OEM handlebar is tapered, it's thicker in the middle where it's clamped and thinner at the ends where the grips are. You'd have to get a matching tapered aftermarket handlebar if that's the case.

Normally, you could replace the bar risers/clamps with aftermarket ones for a different diameter handlebar, but 2017+ Dukes have those risers integrated with a TFT mount.

·
Administrator
2,324 Posts
Hi AxI937
Sorry I do not.
I have, so far, never bought anything from these online stores.
When checking ProTaper website though, our model does not come up making me believe they do not do them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've noticed it too, and that, along with the low price I paid them for (less than 4€), makes me believe these and all other cheap protaper stuff for sale on aliexpress, amazon and ebay are counterfeit.

But finally I managed to put them on, by using the hot gun to dilate the right one, and I'm super happy because they look so cool and match perfectly with the colors of the bike :D

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.