KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Brand new here. If I'm in the wrong thread of section I apologize.

I just got a 2021 Duke 390 and the guy who sold it to me gave me a Coober cat delete header but Im trying to find the midpipe to attach and delete the back cat. (I may be describing this incorrectly, again, very new and have little to no experience with motorcycle parts) Someone installed the Coober Cat delete for me but I want to remove the black cat box in the back. It sounds raspy at the moment. I also have a Pro Race Shorty Exhaust on its way and I want the whole system to be smooth and clean. Seems like the back cat is bogging the air flow.
I have tried to find a midpipe or back cat delete kit but I cant. Any idea guys???

TYIA

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi guys. Brand new here. If I'm in the wrong thread of section I apologize.

I just got a 2021 Duke 390 and the guy who sold it to me gave me a Coober cat delete header but Im trying to find the midpipe to attach and delete the back cat. (I may be describing this incorrectly, again, very new and have little to no experience with motorcycle parts) Someone installed the Coober Cat delete for me but I want to remove the black cat box in the back. It sounds raspy at the moment. I also have a Pro Race Shorty Exhaust on its way and I want the whole system to be smooth and clean. Seems like the back cat is bogging the air flow.
I have tried to find a midpipe or back cat delete kit but I cant. Any idea guys???

TYIA
I have a 2021 Duke 390 with the Coober cat delete pipe. The stock downpipe actually has 2 small cats in it. The big black box is just a pre muffler chamber, not a cat. Coober recommends that you not remove it .Also you should be using the corrosponding piggyback ecu, or you run the risk of problems with serious lean conditions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2021 Duke 390 with the Coober cat delete pipe. The stock downpipe actually has 2 small cats in it. The big black box is just a pre muffler chamber, not a cat. Coober recommends that you not remove it .Also you should be using the corrosponding piggyback ecu, or you run the risk of problems with serious lean conditions.
Ok good to know. THANK YOU 🙏 Right now it’s connected to the stock muffler system and it sound “off” I’m hoping the Pro Race Shorty exhaust will help. Have any tips about the ECU system? Did you just plug it in and go?

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
In general, a shorty is not the best of cans for single-cylinder engines.
Some of the most used piggyback and fuel management devices are:
  • PowerTRONIC
  • Power Commander
  • Dimsport's Rapid Bike (Easy-EVO-Race)
  • Coober
  • Fuel-X (lite or pro)

Ok good to know. THANK YOU 🙏 Right now it’s connected to the stock muffler system and it sound “off” I’m hoping the Pro Race Shorty exhaust will help. Have any tips about the ECU system? Did you just plug it in and go?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have no personal experience with the procedure, but what I've read/heard from people who removed the pre-silencer was that there were no appreciable power gains, and the noise got unbearably loud. If that's what you're after, go for it, but like others have said here, get some kind of an ECU piggyback first (I'm partial to the Rapid Bike Evo Exclusive, and it IS just a plug & play device).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts