KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
License plate relocation.

Used the R&G kit with some longer bolts.

I need to redo the light mount, was a quick attempt but needs to be much lower profile and tucked up higher.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Elegant setup. I am about to put my plate in the same spot, but I am probably going to use some LED bolts to hold it so I don't need to use the separate light.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #143 (Edited)
Put the original shift linkage back on the bike. I've been having difficulty finding neutral at stop lights and when parking. Hopefully this will correct. Had to add spacers for linkage to clear, may reduce by a bit to straighten it up a tad.

Still need to trim the cover. Was too late last night to fire up the Dremel with everyone sleeping already.

·
Registered
473 Posts
hey man, do you have a tune that works well with the open air box, K&N Filter and Werkes pipe? I have Chad's tune that I've been slowly tweaking, just figured I'd ask if you have already perfected it for that setup lol.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
hey man, do you have a tune that works well with the open air box, K&N Filter and Werkes pipe? I have Chad's tune that I've been slowly tweaking, just figured I'd ask if you have already perfected it for that setup lol.
no, still running Chad's Akra-flashed ECU, open airbox + long header exhaust map. Not specific to the Werkes. I tried out the Competition Werkes map but it was too lean.

Next step for me is proper dyno tune. Need to save my monies.

I've got a local tuner that is experienced (Len at Richmond Motorsports https://www.facebook.com/RMS.Motorcycle.Service/) but it's expected to be about C$400 for a tune...

I'd be willing to share the resultant map if we can crowdfund the tune :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
no, still running Chad's Akra-flashed ECU, open airbox + long header exhaust map. Not specific to the Werkes. I tried out the Competition Werkes map but it was too lean.

Next step for me is proper dyno tune. Need to save my monies.

I've got a local tuner that is experienced (Len at Richmond Motorsports https://www.facebook.com/RMS.Motorcycle.Service/) but it's expected to be about C$400 for a tune...

I'd be willing to share the resultant map if we can crowdfund the tune :D

Chad will flash ECU's?

My biggest thing is making sure my setup was close to yours if I considered it.

What grade of fuel do you use?
What elevation do you live at?
How much does is it to have Chad do the ECU flash?
What modifications do you have?
If we have a close to the same setup I would be down to chipping in.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Chad will flash ECU's?

Any KTM dealer can flash the Akra map but you might have issues finding a friendly dealer in California... If you mail yours to Chad he can flash it. ~$75 or so iirc.

I run 91 octane usually, 94 when available.

Close to sea level, just a couple hundred feet of elevation.

I have K&N filter mounted upside down for larger airbox volume. 16T front sprocket.

Stock plug still, will switch to NGK non-iridium. Charcoal canister removed.

Werkes pipe with Bristol Core packing.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Put the original shift linkage back on the bike. I've been having difficulty finding neutral at stop lights and when parking. Hopefully this will correct. Had to add spacers for linkage to clear, may reduce by a bit to straighten it up a tad.

Still need to trim the cover. Was too late last night to fire up the Dremel with everyone sleeping already.

Trimmed cover today in the wicked heat we have here in Ottawa. Record temps, ~47° C with the humidex...

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Chad will flash ECU's?

The time has come...

I'm going to order the Gray Area airbox with intake runner plus injector and get a proper tune.

Dyno time is discounted through March 1st so I'm going to get this done in later January or early February.

I'd like to run the Tyga header as well but I don't think it will clear my crash bars... That said, I might be able to add some spacers to make it clear. I'll give it some thought.

http://store.grayareaktm.com/product-p/93806015044.htm

·
Registered
473 Posts
NICE! It's so funny that you are doing this, I was chatting with some people about doing an open pod filter setup and one of the things I brought up was the need for a larger injector since I've tapped mine out on the PCV. That's really cool that you are going to get this don't, I look forward to following this and seeing how it goes!

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Parts ordered today: Gray Area KTM intake box, larger injector and I decided to risk the Tyga header. I saw some more photos of one installed that suggest it might fit with my SW-Motech crash bars. Only one way to find out ;)

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Finally got down to NY State to pick up the parts from Gray Area KTM.

Will get this stuff sorted in next weeks.

Header, injector and airbox with intake runner.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Pulled the bike out of storage yesterday. Found a puddle of water under the bike :-(

Ran it tonight and it’s definitely leaking. Hoping it’s just the gasket, will try to source one asap. Might need to postpone my dyno day on Friday depending.

https://youtu.be/ODq4tEK1axQ

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Gasket has no breaks in it... Will replace anyhow and the o-ring on the inlet pipe as well.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Ouch, that sucks... But at least you found it before the dyno. I'm super interested in how this thing is going to run, do you have the OEM head gasket?
Block is all stock still, yes.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
I'll take a closer look at the lines near the bolt hole here. Hoping that's just dirt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Not cracks when I cleaned and checked again.

New gasket won't arrive until tomorrow and I won't be able to pick up before the shop closes (Thursdays 4pm).

So went with Ultra Copper RTV as short term fix. Will run it tonight to make sure it holds.

Big news, at least for me, is that the Tyga header fits with the SW Motech crash bars!

Haven't started it up yet so not sure if it contacts anywhere when running. Might need to clearance the lower mount but overall, looks like should be*good

141 - 160 of 173 Posts