KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening folks!
I have a 2016 duke with 20k miles on it that I daily to work. Recently, I have been hearing a vibration / rattle coming from the OEM exhaust. When I say rattle I mean it is pretty loud and annoying at the same time.

As much as I would love to drop $450 - 800 on an exhaust I'm not interested in that considering I'm saving up to purchase a Golf R in a few months.

I currently have a power commander 5 already and I'm pretty sure fueling will be just fine.

Just how quiet is the Chinese akraprovich exhaust? I recognize that it deletes the cat / muffle and has more of a "free flowing" design. My exhaust at idle is around 91 decibels and when free revving hits around 110ish. (Tested it with an app on my phone.... which clearly isn't the best way to do it, but I figured it's a base line that others could test on their setup).

I don't mind an exhaust, I just don't want it to be crazy loud and annoying. Does anyone have any first hand experience or anything of the nature? Please let me know just how loud your exhaust is at idle or when going wide open throttle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Loudness is subjective! What you may perceive as too loud may be fine for others & vice versa. My wife’s bike has a Chinese decat & slip on. In my opinion it’s fine with the baffle in, not tried it with the baffle out!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best part is it comes with a bad ass bracket and the dyno shows it gains power... But to be honest its such a small amount I don't really care about how much was gained, as long as it doesn't really loose any.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice choice. MIVV's always been a favorite of mine, mostly for all the work they put in on refining the sound quality and perf. The M2, for the Gen2 390s, is my personal weakness.

So you're thinkin' the cat came loose inside? Is that what you were sayin?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice choice. MIVV's always been a favorite of mine, mostly for all the work they put in on refining the sound quality and perf. The M2, for the Gen2 390s, is my personal weakness.

So you're thinkin' the cat came loose inside? Is that what you were sayin?
Yup, If I have my hand on the exhaust I can feel a baffle or something inside it vibrating when I rev it. It is super annoying and vibrates when It hits certain RPM's

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is taking forrreeevvvveeerrrrrrrr. Amazon has ruined my experience when it comes to waiting for stuff when it comes to shipping. I ordered my exhaust on Ebay from the dealer its just chilling at customs in NY lol.

I'm going to make an unboxing and install video when it gets here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts