KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just bought a new to me 2017 KTM Duke 390, with roughly 650 miles on it. The first service was done this past June.

I rode the bike roughly 30 miles the day after I bought it, about 3 weeks ago. Everything was good.

Now, it was a mid 40 degree morning today, so I decided to ride it into work. I let it idle and warm up for at least 15 minutes while I got all my gear on.

As I started to go, I noticed the check engine light was on. The bike felt fine, no stutter or anything. The oil level was ok ( and I didnt get the low oil light).

Could it be from letting it sit and idle too long? Could it be from a low battery charge? Does the check engine light go away on it's own if it doesnt detect the problem again or do you have to reset it manually?

Thanks for your help! Just bummed that my "new" bike is experiencing this. This is my 2nd 2017 KTM Duke 390 (got hit by a truck) but I never got the check engine light on that one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You might need to do an idle re-learn? If it's sat with a flat or low battery for an extended period. Had the same with mine after a disconnected battery for several weeks....
Bike needs to be completely vertical, start it from cold, don't touch the throttle, set a timer for between 15 and 16 minutes (15min 30s is the target) and switch if off no later than 16 mins. The check light should go out after another 3 or so stop/start cycles (ie start, ride it round the block and switch off). If that doesn't work check your connectors.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The check engine light will disappear after about three rides if the fault that caused it to come on has disappeared.

However it needs three cold/hot cycles, riding round the block, stopping the engine, restarting and repeating won’t do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts