KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed a "click" when pulling the clutch lever while riding. It feels like a very short/small slip of the lever/cable when I pull it. The clutch lever feels 100% when the bike is stationary (engine not running). I called the dealer but they have never experienced this...

Have you experienced this? If so, what is it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, indeed, many of us have. Consensus is that you're feeling the slipper clutch.

Thanks! Strange feeling... I have a few bikes with slipper clutches and the KTM is the only one doing that.... But good to know that it is common on the 390 then! Regards!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks! Strange feeling... I have a few bikes with slipper clutches and the KTM is the only one doing that.... But good to know that it is common on the 390 then! Regards!
This is my first bike with a slipper clutch, and I was concerned too. It feels to me like the cable or lever is binding. There was some discussion not long ago about it, and it seems quite common with the 390 Duke.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Make sure you have the clutch lever fully in before changing gear, also try to match the RPM when changing down.

If you manage that it doesn’t get a click through the lever

·
Registered
230 Posts
Make sure you have the clutch lever fully in before changing gear, also try to match the RPM when changing down.

I have a 2018 Duke. My buddy and his wife have a RC390 and Duke respectively. All 3 bikes do it to all 3 of us. Pretty sure its just "a thing"

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks - I feel the "click" at about 40% of pulling the lever....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts