KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am unable to post in other threads fir some reason so I will just ask here. Has anyone tried the Coober plug n play ECU? I see great reviews on it and great performance change without hurting the engine integrity. Also how bad is the install? Little tight or no problem? Thank you!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey guys, I am unable to post in other threads fir some reason so I will just ask here. Has anyone tried the Coober plug n play ECU? I see great reviews on it and great performance change without hurting the engine integrity. Also how bad is the install? Little tight or no problem? Thank you!
The installation is a little tight, and one of the connectors is a pig to disassemble, but you just need a little patience.
The instructions are a little poor, so I posted my thoughts and how I did it: forum link here.
Having the Coober is so much better than without, but it's not the cheapest.
I managed to get a discount just by asking.
The Booster Plug is cheaper, and it doesn't appear to hook into the wiring in as many places as the Coober.
The Coober controls:

- Crankshaft Sensor
- Ignition
- Throttle
- Fuel Injection

I worked on the premise: buy cheap, buy twice.
I have no regrets spending a little more on the Coober.
Oh, and apparently Coober worked with KTM to produce their piggy-back ECU; go figure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The installation is a little tight, and one of the connectors is a pig to disassemble, but you just need a little patience.
The instructions are a little poor, so I posted my thoughts and how I did it: forum link here.
Having the Coober is so much better than without, but it's not the cheapest.
I managed to get a discount just by asking.
The Booster Plug is cheaper, and it doesn't appear to hook into the wiring in as many places as the Coober.
The Coober controls:

• Crankshaft Sensor
  • Ignition
  • Throttle
  • Fuel Injection

I worked on the premise: buy cheap, buy twice.
I have no regrets spending a little more on the Coober.
Oh, and apparently Coober worked with KTM to produce their piggy-back ECU; go figure.
Old thread but I bought my 2020 390 Duke new and installed the Coober ECU, air box cover and de-cat at 65 miles on the clock and haven't looked back. Turned my bike into an urban assault machine. Definitely worth the money if you ride like a hooligan!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts