KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idk much bout either 1 besides every1 i ride with keeps tellin me to get a power commander, they talk like they know what there talkin bout but they baught there bikes from people who did all the work so they cant answer nothin lol but from what i read, the coober is more expensive but already got the software in it so i just plug and play,, the powertronic is cheaper but nothing on it, And since i dont know what to do with the computer and all that software stuff and somyhing bout running it on a dyno i would have to pay a few hundred to get the pt setup so it would make more sense to get the coober right? Do they both do the same shiitt?? Im probably wrong with 60% of everything i said but im knew to bikes so fu#* it lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you don't know why'd you need one, don't get either. It's not something the bike needs, just a tool to achieve a specific objective - if you're new, it's much better to spend that money on good tyres and rider training on track :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went with Coober. Literally a 10 minute install and completely hidden. Best part, it doesn't void the warranty.

I don't plan on adding maps or anything like that so Coober was it for me. There is only so much you can get out of that engine. Plus, I have a programmable ECU on my track car and its a pain in the butt. I don't want that on my bike

I asked Cobber a few questions via email and the owner has personally replied to me in less than 2 hours.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you don't know why'd you need one, don't get either. It's not something the bike needs, just a tool to achieve a specific objective - if you're new, it's much better to spend that money on good tyres and rider training on track :)
I know why i would need 1, i dont know whats the diffrence in them and i said i dont know how i would download the maps and all that software things on the computer and all that o_O:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with Coober. Literally a 10 minute install and completely hidden. Best part, it doesn't void the warranty.

I don't plan on adding maps or anything like that so Coober was it for me. There is only so much you can get out of that engine. Plus, I have a programmable ECU on my track car and its a pain in the butt. I don't want that on my bike

I asked Cobber a few questions via email and the owner has personally replied to me in less than 2 hours.
Yea your probably right, kinda what i was thinking 😃

·
Registered
73 Posts
You won't need to install maps, just get the Coober. Simple plug in, and benefit for the new power

Simple

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you don’t want to mess with maps then an alternative is auto tune. Rapid Bike are the most well known provider. Plug in and ride. simple.

If warranty is important then go Coober - but make very sure your bike setup is the same as Coober have the unit set up for else the warranty won’t be valid anyway.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you don’t want to mess with maps then an alternative is auto tune. Rapid Bike are the most well known provider. Plug in and ride. simple.

If warranty is important then go Coober - but make very sure your bike setup is the same as Coober have the unit set up for else the warranty won’t be valid anyway.
yep! exactly

·
Registered
341 Posts
Are there two maps permanently installed in the Coober ECU? One for stock and one for de-cat installation? If so, how do you switch between the two maps?
Is this where the diagnostic tool they offer is used?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Why are you wanting to install a tuning box, is it to smooth out the low running of the engine or do you want to increase power as well?
If it’s just to smooth out the low running then a Rapid Bike Easy will do it for around UK£140

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are there two maps permanently installed in the Coober ECU? One for stock and one for de-cat installation? If so, how do you switch between the two maps?
Coober told me in mail that the unit will automatically detect a decat and select the appropriate settings.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Coober told me in mail that the unit will automatically detect a decat and select the appropriate settings.
Yep correct. I asked Coober the same thing and this is the email the owner sent me:

My Email:
Question for you. I recently put on a LeoVince slip-on and a Wekrs Mini-Decat. Do I need to get my ECU re-mapped?

Coober's Reply:
No remap necessary, I would recommend resetting the ECU. To do that, start the bike and let it idle without touching the throttle for 10 minutes, then turn the bike off. That's it. This will tell the ECU to reset and read the changes to the exhaust.

Thank you,
Aaron

·
Super Moderator
1,084 Posts
Hi Whyzee,

As far as I know, Coober has but 1 map.
PowerTRONIC comes with 2 maps that can be adjusted/modified at will.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts