KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally how often you guys top-up Coolant levels?
I changed my water pump seal because my coolant levels were dropping fast and the service from KTM told me it could be the water pump seal and they changed it.

I noted down the mileage of the bike when I changed it and it was 27790KMs and on 11 Feb 2021

and now my bikes at 28799KMs and these are the levels. after 1,009KMs of usage. I have to say the Philippines is a god **** hot country.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Virtually I haven't had this experience till now. The bike does have a hot temperament, and the coolant level varies between high and low depending on the temperature when ridden. So far, I haven't been warranted by the bike to necessitate a coolant top up every now and then, it's remains as normally as it should. Going by your picture, I reckon the second image level to be an engine that is still in cooling down phase or warmed up. Once cooled down, the level will reach similar to your first picture.

Good luck.

Cheers!
VJ

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Virtually I haven't had this experience till now. The bike does have a hot temperament, and the coolant level varies between high and low depending on the temperature when ridden. So far, I haven't been warranted by the bike to necessitate a coolant top up every now and then, it's remains as normally as it should. Going by your picture, I reckon the second image level to be an engine that is still in cooling down phase or warmed up. Once cooled down, the level will reach similar to your first picture.

Good luck.

Cheers!
VJ
the second photo with the low coolant is like a week without riding the bike.

·
Registered
86 Posts
mine was exactly on the medium level when i had changed the water pump seals.its been 3000 kms and the coolant decrease is almost invisible.yours might be due to hot air conditions.just keep the level at normal and check the oil screen after the ride.cheers mate

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine was exactly on the medium level when i had changed the water pump seals.its been 3000 kms and the coolant decrease is almost invisible. yours might be due to hot air conditions. just keep the level at normal and check the oil screen after the ride.cheers mate
yeah, Mine never went down anymore... I just got my 30000KMs service today... and had a full coolant change. The bike feels awesome at the moment...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts