KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rapidly changing situation here in UK , no sport , no pub , no going out . Whats it like in the rest of the world ? Shelves empty of loo roll and some food thanks to panic buying . We in UK are getting news of measures being enacted in Europe and other modern areas . Whats it like in the rest of the world ?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bangkok gogo bars have almost no customers anymore. But still lots of girls who need "love".
Apart from that in the moment lots of concerned people but few infected or sick people. It will get worse...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody from South America , India , Australia like to chime in . How are governments behaving and also the ordinary citizens .

·
Registered
489 Posts
Seems like a good place to share these.

Things are nuts here. We just crossed 100 deaths here in the US and people are absolutely freaking out. I can't imagine what they're going to be like in a month when the deaths are in the thousands.

Nothing like this in 2009 when H1N1 came through.

·
Registered
30 Posts
State side rules: No bars, no churches, no school till mid April. Lots of food is “to-go only” or “drive through only”. No gatherings of more than 10 people.

·
Registered
103 Posts
we are having a big staff gathering today to tell us not to have big gatherings, and probably tell us we have no or little work (I'm an assistant groundsman looking after games pitches)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we are having a big staff gathering today to tell us not to have big gatherings, and probably tell us we have no or little work (I'm an assistant groundsman looking after games pitches)
Grass will still need cutting , just because no one is using doesn't mean you can afford to let things slide .

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd like to think that but with no one playing it will be possible for the head groundsman to look after it by himself, there is just 2 of us at the ground and it is a college ground, will know more later, hope everybody else stays safe

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Family business is a holiday caravan park and I and my wife have 3 holiday cottages , my brothers already decided to close the bar . Told any of the customers who are disappointed to bring containers and he'll serve the beer that will only go off so they can drink it at home . That or I'll have to take up drinking ( and my wife doesn't like Fosters ) . Cancellations and amendments are coming in for the cottages . Only bright side at the moment is the prospect of not having to pay the £35000 business rates , though where the council is going to find the money to pay for services that are financed by them is anybodies guess . Not as bad as the brother in law who's had to close 48 restaurants and lay off staff in the USA , his staff are in a really poor way without even any benefits or NHS .

·
Registered
522 Posts
Everything closed now in the UK although not a full lockdown yet.

Roads are eerily quiet apart from a few boy racers taking advantage and razzing around

Fair bit of fear around and panic buying but the attractions that are still open (National Parks, Wildlife reserves etc) are fairly busy as people look for something to do with the kids.

Plenty of businesses in trouble already, as expected with zero customers, but we are still allowed to go out as long as we practice “social distancing” and don’t meet up in groups.

Motorcyling is an ideal pastime in this situation

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Going for a walk in the countryside locally tomorrow make best use of current weather , afterwards I may go for a ride to see just how busy the roads are .

·
Registered
103 Posts
I went for a ride on my Vmax yesterday with a mate on his 'new' Bulldog 1100, quite empty roads but still enough idiots who think going 10+mph under the posted speed limit is best for everyone,
where and when we normally walk our dogs is very busy with other dog walkers now, have those people not been walking their dogs before ?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't know how it will affect motorcycles but I've just been informed by my brother that cars for MOT test have to sit for 6 ( SIX ) hours before they can be examined by a tester . So drop your car off and leave it , no way around it as they have to log car on with MOT computer and not allowed to start test for 6 hours .

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think we all have to just stay at home
No need for a car or bike then
Just look at Spain, over 600 deaths every day, we don’t want that here

Virus can survive for 3 days on a car steering wheel

·
Registered
93 Posts
The most reliable and comprehensive information I've come across here in the US is being posted on the businessinsider.com website. It is also being actively updated.

Mind you, I haven't really been up on much about this all til a couple of days ago, had no real clue... so it's a lot of reading, but it beats the **** outta just a buncha bad local rumors, for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts