KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum I've got a 2018 rc390 I have just put a new engine in of the gen 1 everything is the same but the crank position sensor and shift sensor to change it I also have to change the shift barrel and tbh I don't have the time to do that is there an easy way around it do the wires go to the dash. Could I just get a gen 1 dash loom??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gen 1 Dash loom would be your best bet. The newer models had different wiring owing to fly by wire and a few other differences. Good luck.
Ok thank you mate so the bike itself is gen 2 but the engine is gen 1 the only difference is the position sensor and the gear drum so if I get the gen 1 dash loom it should connect fine etc etc so the cable of the crank position sensor plugs into the dash loom ?

·
Registered
908 Posts
The wiring for the dash unit is totally different. The wiring from the CPS and GPS both go through the main loom and then terminate at the plugs of the dash. So, in either case, it's a tough luck, unless you can make a custom connector, you save on pelf energy and time. Recommend a guy who's nick at reading electrical diagrams and one who can make a specific connector. Doable?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Don't you remember what was revealed to you in this/your previous thread?

and there are other differences as well...
such as the MAT sensor, for instance.
Case in point, the Gen2s locate the MAT in the airbox, separate; whereas the Gen1s locate it in the Throttle Body.

Dude, this is a no-go...
you're gonna hafta accept it...
until you are fully ready to convert the Gen1 engine into a Gen2 configuration, mechanically and electrically.

Call me Richard Cranium but I told you the truth.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Here, I'm sending you an early Christmas present, in the form of [only the wiring diagram sections] of the factory service manuals for both the Gen1 and Gen2 390 variants.

Compare them until you completely understand the immensity of difference between them. The benefit of doing so is, you will not end up whizzing away an immense amount of money [coming to terms with] what is truly insurmountable and financially fruitless.

On a lighter note, you will indeed learn a wealth of information about how your electronics are organized and must function.

Gen1 wiring.pdf

Gen2 wiring.pdf

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts