KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So.......... It seems that my duke likes to cut out/stall when braking sharply (with the clutch in) once I come to a stop? Anyone else experienced this at all???
Just recently started to have this problem after 2 years. Felt like I just started riding bike again but I noticed my clutch cable is handling on by like 2 threads not sure if that’s the real reason why it staled if i am not constantly reving my bike in traffic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Right. In the case of both fox250fox and dukeofmark, I'd say 'idle learn' them both, b4 I even considered anything else. But for different reasons, of course.
Have either of you tried doing the '10 minute idle relearn' on your bikes, just in case noone else did, after their batteries were reinstalled, b4 delivery to a new 'you'?
I’m new so it’s the first I’ve heard this. I’ll look it up and give it a go. Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
I changed the spark plug for an ngk irridium and did the 10 min idle re set last night.The bike was definately smoother this morning will just have to wait and see if it cuts out again

·
Registered
22 Posts
So.......... It seems that my duke likes to cut out/stall when braking sharply (with the clutch in) once I come to a stop? Anyone else experienced this at all???
It happened to me today for the first time, i got to a red light and went to make the right turn and my bike was off, but only happend once so maybe i accidently hit the kill switch who knows.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok ,after doing a hundred miles yesterday i can confirm the bike is still cutting out,3 times to be precise :mad: I will be contacting the dealer this week although i know its a waste of time.
Surely the cure is just a software update so why wont Ktm do something !!! :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Is there a fuel cut out sensor in case of accident on these things? Wonder if sharp breaking could set such a thing off?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I’ve read somewhere I’m sure that KTM do or did a fuel cut to assist heavy braking which if true would account for a software fix. It would certainly increase the odds of stalling.

In practice I’m also wary of claims that the clutch was fully in. It might be fully in by the time you stop but doesn’t mean it wasn’t still in the process of being pulled in and dragging at the point the engine actually stalled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mirius,the bike cuts out long before i come to a halt, it literally just cuts off instantly when the clutch is pulled in to change down. I would be interested to know if anyone with an ecu piggy back is having this issue?

·
Super Moderator
1,076 Posts
I never had this happen on either Duke 200 or 390 both with a PT (first gen bikes).

Mirius,the bike cuts out long before i come to a halt, it literally just cuts off instantly when the clutch is pulled in to change down. I would be interested to know if anyone with an ecu piggy back is having this issue?

·
Registered
465 Posts
So is that just when braking? What happens when you just let off the throttle and change down? I suspect you need to pin down exactly what is happening when this happens and see if you can then get it to consistently repeat. Heavy braking, any braking etc. Is it caused when both clutch and brake levers are pulled? Does it happen with the back break?

It’s going to be hard to get a fix if you just walk into the dealer and tell them the bike randomly cuts out because they will then need to replicate it themselves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Replace the fuel filter and clean the throttle body throughly.. when we slow down the bike the engine requires some fuel for idling but due to dust in Throttle body it doesn't get sufficient amount of fuel for idling.. cleaning Throttle body and changing the fuel filter helped me.. i guess it will work for you too.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts