KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. 2016 390 Duke. Had it for 5 days and about 200 miles. Went to start it this morning and when I turn the key the headlight and running lights come on but the dash doesn't come on at all. No lights, no startup sequence...nothing. I threw the charger on the battery thinking I may have left the key in the on position (even though I didn't) to make sure the battery wasn't dead and it was fully charged.

I searched the web and this forum for this but didn't find anything. Anybody see this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm sure you thought of it, but you checked the engine cut-off switch on the right handle bar? i think the lights still work but nothing else if this is cut off. Good luck if it is something other than that!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure you thought of it, but you checked the engine cut-off switch on the right handle bar? i think the lights still work but nothing else if this is cut off. Good luck if it is something other than that!
HA. I did not check that. I usually don't touch that at all but I may have hit it moving it into the garage. It was really late :) Thanks.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
The kill switch is the likely culprit, but if not, you may want to check fuse #8 (15 Amp)in the main fuse box at the rear under the pillion seat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We respond as we train. If you drop the bike it is easy to turn off with a kill switch. The switch is located in the same place. No fumbling around keys need to be turned. They are not always in the same place.

Reactions: Randr01d

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi I have the same problem. Dash does not turn on. Bike runs as it should but no power to the dash. I've checked the fuses, checked the earths points Ive also changed he dash to see it had failed. Still nothing. Everything else works just not the dash. The bike started out as a 125 and I have recently converted it to a 390. I did have my fingers crossed that this may solve the issue but no luck? There must be power running to the ignition to allow the bike to start and run, any ideas on this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have the same problem. Dash does not turn on. Bike runs as it should but no power to the dash. I've checked the fuses, checked the earths points Ive also changed he dash to see it had failed. Still nothing. Everything else works just not the dash. The bike started out as a 125 and I have recently converted it to a 390. I did have my fingers crossed that this may solve the issue but no luck? There must be power running to the ignition to allow the bike to start and run, any ideas on this?
Did you manage to solve this as mines doing the same after washing it yesterday

1 - 12 of 12 Posts