KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first time posting on here, I have a 2018 390 duke with a akrapovic slip on muffler. I have just installed a coober high flow air filter box, it has slightly added a little more power but im not sure if i like the sound difference yet. I do want to buy a decat link pipe exhaust so i can get more noise out of my bike so other cars on the road can hear me and hopefully more power. I'm not really familiar with remapping the bike but it does sound like i will have to remap it once i get a decat exhaust. I am also looking at buying the Coober ECU box to try get more torque and horsepower out of the bike. Will this suit a decat exhaust or is it just better to get the ECU without a new exhaust? I am looking for much more power and hopefully better sound. Thanks very much in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
He drew390duke,
Welcome from the Lao PDR.
How do you determine that the Coober hi-flow air filter box increases the power?
Have you had her on a dyno?
Coober piggyback will not increase power (as they themselves say).
Check this forum on mods that increase (some) power or head over to the RC forum where people actually race these engines.
If you are planning to play around with different intake/exhaust options on a dyno its best to opt for a map-based piggyback where you can modify the fuel ratio as well as the ignition.
Have fun

·
Registered
160 Posts
On my 2018 Duke I went with a Tyga header to remove the cat and this allowed use of older model rear set ups . I found a Arrows GP gun second hand on ebay . Sounds very similar to old school CCM when baffle removed ( too loud ) . To keep the engine in one piece I also fitted a Rapid Bike EVO exclusive piggyback unit .

·
Registered
763 Posts
Is it possible to get much more power out of this engine? It’s fairly highly tuned as standard
What kind of power increase have people on here achieved with this bike?

·
Registered
30 Posts
you could have saved moneyz and pulled out your battery, cut a 3x3 inch hole in the lower air box.. the high flow after market air filter cover by passes the stock air filter, but cutting the hole does not. I installed a coober ecu prior to my air box mod to get the full benefits of the increased air flow. down gear the rear sprocket, and now my top speed is 107ish mph. I used ride it straight piped with a Werks decat, and a stock exhaust trying trick cops to thinking its stock, but sounds to fkn loud and annoys everyone while stopped in traffic. The Coober Ecu makes the bike tho, the best thing you can do.

selling my Werks decat if anyone’s interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts